Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Info on the 2004 MO is finally posted on NissanUSA. A notable addition to the 2004 (but not really discussed on this forum) is the drive by wire throttle. Has the MO always had this, but it's not been prominent news? should be interesting to see how it drives.

Also, now that the prices are up, it gives me a chance to see what kind of deal I got on the '04 SE AWD I ordered 2 weeks ago. I compared the MSRP for my configuration (loaded except rear-seat entertainment, plus splash guards and floor mats) to the similar '03 spec on Edmunds.com, and there is a $656 difference in MSRP. Edmunds TMV for this config in an '03 $35,483, which is $255 over what I'm paying. I don't feel so bad now.

Finally, NissanUSA shows the rear-seat entertainment system as being available (no more "late availability"). I intentionally did not order it, as I thought my order would be held up due to availability issues. I'm second-guessing a little bit, but not too much. Over the summer, we bought a portable unit from Delco that is a self-contained box w/ 7" LCD, DVD, 2 headphone jacks, and a huge storage compartment big enough for the kid's GameCube. It was a decent deal at $450 from Crutchfield, so the wife and I figure we'll use it until it dies, then install something custom.

Still chewing my fingernails waiting for Thanksgiving, which is when mine is expected at the dealer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, it's great to have the 2004 MO on the site. However, I tried to configure an 04 SL with Touring and Premium packages ( I want BOSE etc.) and it wouldn't let me do it. Anyone else having that problem?

·
5,244 Posts
I believe that 03 has drive by wire throttle. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
419 Posts
The Touring package on the 04 contains the leather package and sunroof package...If you read the details the leather package includes all the features of the 03 premium...so order your 04 with touring and you will have everything. I am hoping to pick my 04 up next week. I had ordered a silver one with black, but they have a blue with the tan and it looks sharp....I have a silver pathfinder now, so I am think I want to get a different color combination. Anybody else have a blue MO? How is it to keep clean? What about the lighter interior?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Touring package does indeed include the Premium and Sunroof package. If you order the Navigation System, it includes the Touring Pacakge AND VDC.

My friend has a burgundy w/ latte interior, and it's very classy looking, if a bit on the light side. I personally think the charcoal interior looks nice against the aluminum trim - gives it sort of a sports car look.

Your dealer is expecting '04s next week? You lucky dog!

:15: Green with envy

·
Registered
419 Posts
The dealers in the Pittsburgh, PA area actually have 2004's on the lot as we speak. The dealer I am dealing with a blue with the tan interior.....I am going to wait a few days to see if one with black comes in or even a silver with black. If not, I will just wait for the one I ordered....

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Kris, I want to agree with you. It does have a drive by wire throttle. You can tell, also when you use cruise control, the pedal doesn't move.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yes, electronic drive by wire throttle in '03 and '04.

I am having a hard time figuring out the "shell game" Nissan has played with the option packages between 03 and 04. Can't figure a common thread. I like that they have a common Premium package for both SE and SL in 04 instead of popular and premium in 03. And I like a separate sunroof package so you can get premium package without a sunroof. But the touring package price ($300 difference yet same contents), leather package (separate option on SL which includes sunroof but not a separate package on SE but included in both SE and SL Touring packages), chrome wheels (accessory on SE, option on SL), and NAV (configure an SE and it says must have SL touring and Dynamic Control Package) ...quirks...don't follow the trend of making it easier to figure out. Anyhow, here is a listing pieced together from the Nissan USA website when you try to configure and click on the descriptions:

SE Model Options:

SE Touring Package $4000
Power Glass Sunroof $2500
Premium Package $1500
Dynamic Control Package $750
Nissan Navigation System $2000
Mobile Entertainment System and Prewiring $1720

SE Touring Package
• High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-level xenon headlights
• Memory system — driver's seat, adjustable pedals and outside mirrors
• Driver's seat entry/exit system
• Heated front seats
• Heated outside mirrors
Note: This package includes Leather Package contents.

SL Model Options:

SL Touring Package $4300
Power Glass Sunroof $2500
Premium Package $1500
Dynamic Control Package $750
Nissan Navigation System $2000
Mobile Entertainment System and Prewiring $1720
SL Leather Package $3500
Chrome Wheels $1200

SL Touring Package
• High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-level xenon headlights
• Memory system — driver's seat, adjustable pedals and outside mirrors
• Heated front seats
• Heated outside mirrors
Note: This package includes Leather Package contents.

SL Leather Package
• Leather-appointed seats
• 4-way power front passenger's seat
• Dark silver-color lower bumpers
Note: This package includes Sunroof Package contents.

Common To Both Models:

Sunroof Package (SL, SE)
• Power glass sliding sunroof with pre-select switch and anti-pinch feature
Note: This package includes Premium Package contents.

Premium Package (SL, SE)
• Roof rails
• Power-adjustable pedals
• Digital Bose® audio system with AM/FM/cassette/in-dash 6-CD changer (225 watts)
• Seven speakers, including Nd® woofer
• Radio Data System (RDS)
• Speed-compensating volume
• Retractable cargo cover
• Rear cargo net

Dynamic Control Package (SL, SE)
• Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)*
• Traction Control System (TCS)
• Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
Note: This package requires SL Touring Package on SL models and SE Touring Package on SE models.

Sunroof Package (SL, SE)
• Power glass sliding sunroof with pre-select switch and anti-pinch feature
Note: This package includes Premium Package contents.

Believed they meant to be common to both models:

Nissan Navigation System
• GPS DVD-based atlas
• Seven-inch color LCD monitor
Note: Requires SL (SE?)Touring Package and Dynamic Control Package on SL (SE?)Models. Requires SL (SE?)Touring Package and Dynamic Control Package on SL (SE?)Models

1 - 8 of 8 Posts