Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the call from my dealer. My 2004 SL, Pewter, CL, loaded with Nav is at the dealer. It is being unloaded as I write this. I’ll be picking it up on Saturday. I have to say, I feel like I’m a kid at Christmas. I think the first add-on will be the tow package:2:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Merry Christmas rebo!

My Christmas also came early. Got the call yesterday. My baby MO has also been delivered. I get to bring it home today. By the way. I have your twin.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Location?

What city are your dealers located in? I am waiting impatiently for mine right now in the Chicago area. I am worried Santa might be passing me by... ;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
I am in the Pittsburgh, PA area and am picking up my 04 MO today. SL AWD with all options except TV....I can't wait...Blue with latte interior....:D :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Danbury CT, however I went across the boarder into NY (Westchester county), which is about 25 min ride for me to buy my MO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: Location?

JimmyPop23 said:
What city are your dealers located in? I am waiting impatiently for mine right now in the Chicago area. I am worried Santa might be passing me by... ;)
I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. This morning I did a build and locate on nissanmotors.com and found a small number of dealers that had 2004s in. It seems like the ones marked with the “Nissan award of excellence” are the only ones that had them in (perhaps because of higher volume of sales). I have confirmed with salesman that Woodfield Nissan in Hoffman Estates and Continental Motors in Countryside that they have them in. I will be test driving again this weekend! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any idea when then non-“Nissan award of excellence” dealership will get them in?

I work by the Woodfield dealership, but I absolutely couldn't stand the people that worked there. I would never buy a car from them on principle. Also, I am jealous that my dealship doesn't have the “Nissan award of excellence” so I have to wait...

·
Registered
57 Posts

JimmyPop23,
I live like 20 minutes from woodfield nissan :)
I'm heading there tomorrow after work to do some more test driving. You might want to try calling up and asking for the internet/fleet salesperson and try to do a deal over the phone/email. I have no idea when the other dealerships are going to be getting them in.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just picked up my 04 MO!! It is such an awesome vehicle. If anybody is looking for a good deal in the Pittsburgh, PA area please let me know. I can hook you up with a great guy at Mcminn Nissan.....:D :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Woodfield Nissan...

Mosh - I actually thought about that but I already have a deal with another local Nissan dealer. They are telling me my 2004 Murano will be in within a week (and I gave them a deposit) - we will see.

I went to Woodfield Nissan twice while I was still looking around and had my two worst car shopping experiences. The dealers were unbelievably pushy (for car dealers!) and the sales managers were incredibly rude. No matter what I said, the saleman would respond to everything with "What price will get you in this car right now?" I kept telling him I wasn't even sure I wanted a Murano at this point but he wouldn't back down. Finally to get him to stop saying that, I said "$30,000" and he smiled in disbelief and basically started yelling at me that I was crazy. That is when I left.

I then went back about 2 weeks later after I had decided to get the Murano to talk to the sales manager (I had a VPP number). This guy was just as much a jerk as the original salesman. After finally getting him to give me the VPP price, I ran out of there and promised myself no matter what to never go back there.

I found all the other Nissan dealerships I went to in the area to be much nicer and much more professional. Unfortunately that doesn't sell cars and thus they don't have the “Nissan award of excellence” which really has nothing to do with excellence - it should be called "Nissan award of Pushiness". So anyway, I am waiting for now, but getting jealous hearing about everyone else bring home their 2004... but not jealous enough to give Woodfield their third strike...

·
Registered
97 Posts
My MO was bought outside Toronto. Talking about Christmas, just my LUCK, does'nt it start snowing on the way home yesterday after picking it up. Man was I pissed. Just enough to wet that smooth baby rear end finish. Guess I'll have to wash it.

But let me tell you, it is awesome! Heck, even my wife liked it, smiley face and all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mosh

One word of warning about Woodfield Nissan... They are one of those dealers that puts the stripe on the side of the car and tries to charge you $300 for it. They also charge a couple hundred bucks for the VIN etched window. I made sure I let them know from the beginning that if I bought a car from them, I wanted the stripe taken off for free and I wasn't paying anything for the VIN etched window...

·
Registered
57 Posts
JimmyPop23

JimmyPop23,
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to buy the 2004 as soon as I find the deal I want. I've got no pressure to buy it sooner rather than later so I'm at the advantage walking in. I won't do the 4 hours at the dealership routine. If I can't find something for a few hundred over invoice, I'll walk and/or wait until I can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts