Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Murano. It is in really good condition and runs great. However, it has started to drain the battery overnight. I did a parasitic draw test. I found that there is a constant .8 amp draw. I then started pulling fuses to find which one was drawing the 1 amp. I found that the fuse labeled "Elec Parts" is drawing .3 amps all the time. Then the other fuses above and below this fuse labeled stop lamp, meter, RR power socket, room lamp and fuel lid are all drawing between .05-.2 amps each. I can get the amp draw to practically 0 by pulling all of these fuses. The one thing these fuses have in common is, they all say "BAT" beside them on the fuse label. Do you think I have a shorted connector somewhere or a faulty part? I have been searching everywhere for diagrams with no luck as to where to find the short. I have seen the connector "M10" in a diagram for the rear power socket but can't seem to find the connector. Attached is a diagram for the rear power socket. Am I looking in the wrong direction? If anyone can point me to the harness "M10" or anywhere else that could be causing this it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been struggling with my 2004 for 3 + years. 190k. The first issue was the car just died on the road. Wife MAD.. I replaced the alternator as it was bad. Worked great, wife got new car as she was not trusting it. Gave to in-laws. They had to replace battery. Ran ok but then they had to keep jumping the car as it sat for few days etc. Battery ended up going bad due to jumping all the time. Replaced it. Did not make difference. The alternator ended up going again, replaced. After 3rd alternator, working good but still drains battery. Checked cables etc. Father in-law said i cant drive anymore so I went to get car. Battery dead. NO Charge hold etc. 1 yr old. I bought one more battery, to get car home about 200 miles.. Ran good. Parked car last night. Went to start this am.. unlocked door, sat down shut door and heard clicking with NO key etc. The click went away. Car started ok. SOMETHING is draining the battery? I see so may folks stating same issue but never hear the fix as no one ever posts the fix after they may have found it? Or did the??????HELP>

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano AWD
756 Posts
I have been struggling with my 2004 for 3 + years. 190k. The first issue was the car just died on the road. Wife MAD.. I replaced the alternator as it was bad. Worked great, wife got new car as she was not trusting it. Gave to in-laws. They had to replace battery. Ran ok but then they had to keep jumping the car as it sat for few days etc. Battery ended up going bad due to jumping all the time. Replaced it. Did not make difference. The alternator ended up going again, replaced. After 3rd alternator, working good but still drains battery. Checked cables etc. Father in-law said i cant drive anymore so I went to get car. Battery dead. NO Charge hold etc. 1 yr old. I bought one more battery, to get car home about 200 miles.. Ran good. Parked car last night. Went to start this am.. unlocked door, sat down shut door and heard clicking with NO key etc. The click went away. Car started ok. SOMETHING is draining the battery? I see so may folks stating same issue but never hear the fix as no one ever posts the fix after they may have found it? Or did the??????HELP>
Unfortunately, the cause of a parasitic drain is typically unique to each vehicle so you're going to have to do some testing to find it. Oftentimes, parasitic drains can be traced to aftermarket electrical components. Nevertheless, YouTube has many videos on how to find a parasitic drain with just a DVOM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. I am not an expert with the meters and all that mech talk.. so I am going to take it to a garage and have them look for the drain. My bet, it will be the aftermarket remote starter I had put in in 2009... I will reply when they find the issue.. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Thank you. I am not an expert with the meters and all that mech talk.. so I am going to take it to a garage and have them look for the drain. My bet, it will be the aftermarket remote starter I had put in in 2009... I will reply when they find the issue.. Thanks again.
Here's a good video that may assist you with locating you parasitic drain issue, it just requires a DC clamp meter:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the mechanics tell you what was wrong with it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts