Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a 2004 Murano SE (I want a 2006, but can't afford) and I had a few question about the car:

Does is have CVT transmission like the 06?
Does it come with an MP3 player?
And where can I find a detail specs sheet on it, cause I have been trying to find one, but no luck!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
micpar said:
I am looking to buy a 2004 Murano SE (I want a 2006, but can't afford) and I had a few question about the car:

Does is have CVT transmission like the 06? YES

Does it come with an MP3 player? NO

And where can I find a detail specs sheet on it, cause I have been trying to find one, but no luck! GOOGLE. "2004 MURANO SPECS"

Thanks! GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does is have CVT transmission like the 06?
Yes. The CVT transmission is what made me get a Murano.

Does it come with an MP3 player?
No, but I used to have a cassette player adapter and used that for my iPod. There are iPod connectors but you'd have to pull out the Bose system and install it yourself. There's a great deal of discussion about the iPod here :)

And where can I find a detail specs sheet on it, cause I have been trying to find one, but no luck!
Here's one.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
12,511 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i also have a question.. on an 04 murano with 14K miles purchased 11/04/2003, what is left on the factory warranty in terms of year/month and miles??

Also what are the recalls needed to be done if none has been perfomed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
SilberMurano said:
i also have a question.. on an 04 murano with 14K miles purchased 11/04/2003, what is left on the factory warranty in terms of year/month and miles??

Also what are the recalls needed to be done if none has been perfomed?

Thanks!
SilberMurano-

All MOs have 3-year/36,000 mile warranty coverage and 5-year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Contact Nissan and give them your VIN number. They can let you now if any recalls are applicable to your MO.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
And 12 mo warranty on "adjustments".
Such as squeaks and rattles, wheel alignment.........and whatever else might fit in here..........

Homer

·
Registered
2 Posts
okay sorry but i have nother question..

the 2004 MOs came standard with satellite pre-wiring that can be used for Ipod integration? how integrated will it be? controls?

I finished reading threads that i was looking for about 4AM today.. spent a good 7 hrs reading starting last night.. now i think i am more confused..

im seing a lot of people with 2003 with Rattles/Creeking on their sig.. were those fixed on 04s? 14K miles on the car should be starting to show those symptoms if any right?

lastly.. 3yrs/36Kmiles is for bumper to bumper? so i would say i have 6months/22Kmiles left on that, correct?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
A lot of progress was made on the ticks and rattles in 04. There are TSBs for the 03s. Some get them corrected easily some still haven't corrected them. I never had any on my 03. And there have been a few reports of ticks and rattles on 04s and 05s. By and large, the 03 was the most often reported.

Ask your local dealer about the warranty left and price of extended warranty if your interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 03 does have a few stranges tics and rattles here and there. Nothing that produces enough sound to be truly annoying though ( especially behind the sound of the Bose )

As far as the I-Pod interface; the fastest and simplest way for immediate use would be to run to Walmart and buy a $29 FM Modulator. No wiring, no problems ( but no interface of controls either, just convenient ) I just store MP3's on a flash drive and play them through the Bose in the MO ( or either of my work vehicles as all that you have to do is plug into a 12 volt adapter and go )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts