Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the mistake of believing the dealer knew what they were talking about when I asked about adding the Sirius tuner and antenna for use with the factory head unit, and they said that a local shop could install it for me. So I let them add the cost to the price of the car. To my disappointment, and foolishness as I think about it, the shop doesn't carry Nissan OEM parts, so they are giving me the Kenwood tuner/controller/antenna kit. (using FM adapter).

I guess there is no such thing as an adapter that would let me connect from the pre-wired setup in the 04 Murano to the Kenwood tuner and antenna, huh?

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=164&sortBy=price&productId=2623

If not, then I will probably end up eventually giving the Kenwood to someone else and ordering the OEM tuner and antenna.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I would go back to dealer pronto and reject the use of a FM modulator and demand they order the factory unit and install it myself, if you have to, it's not all that hard to do anyway. What kind of a dealer would not order the factory part, seems like a kickback may be in the works? GRIP :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. Well am I right that I could also install the PAC AAI-NIS adapter behind the head unit and connect that to the Kenwood tuner so that I could control the SAT with the factory head unit?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I don't know. I did that with the XM Roady2 by Delphi, But can't change stations etc. Maybe someone makes an adapter plug. It does make me sad that the deler get your 100% compatable money and you have to settle for less than a 100% installation. Shouldn't this "installation Shope" at least put in a direct hook up or order the Nissan part and put it in. GRIP :D

·
4,664 Posts
I'm sure NNA would like to know that their own dealers aren't pushing their own products.

I'm actually amazed that anyone could buy a Murano and then not afford the OEM sat receiver. Yes, it's too expensive. Now just buy it and enjoy it, instead of fussing around with patching in something else and always wishing you could control it through the radio!:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree. In this case the car wasn't built to order, but already on the lot as a left over 2004 model. I should probably send Nissan some feedback about the dealer's lack of knowledge on the equipment.

Surprisingly, it sounds pretty good with the Kenwood FM transmitter, certainly as good as FM could possibly sound. I was
expecting it to sound as weak as the Ipod when using the iCast FM transmitter.

Does the OEM tuner (if I were to buy it online) require the OEM antenna, or would any Sirius antenna suffice? (now that it's already been attached).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts