Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the previous install posts.. With the 2004, it looks like Nissan installs an "N-BUS" wire from the Radio in front to to rear of the car.. therefore I don't have to run any wires from the radio to the back.. Correct? Is there a good install article specifically for the 2004.

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy the SIRIUS satellite hardware?

thanks!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Can recommend a place but from my understanding all wiring is installed complements of Nissan and the install should be very easy. Best of luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought my receiver from Grubbs Infiniti. I went with XM instead of Sirius, but it's the same concept.

Grubbs Satellite

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
L'il Help

I have an '04 MO and am thinking about installing sat myself. I am a bit handy, but all this is very new and a little confusing to me. I have seen the several links to instructions from other people, but they seem to focus on '03 models. Can someone send me detailed directions/pictures of installation on an '04? Exactly what parts do I need to purchase? I think the hidden install would be great if I could do that myself, but I'm skeptical. Someone said it took them 20 minutes. It that's true, I'm sure I could do it...I just need a little hand holding. Thanks in advance!

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
Thanks!

Those directions look pretty good. I will be studying them. Thanks for the link, too. Are you going to try the hidden install in the brake light area? Pleeeeeeaaaase take pictures and notes! I am very interested.

I am in SE PA, near West Chester. Where is Rockland?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hidden area?

Im not sure what you mean by hidden brake light area..

Rockland county is abour 30 miles from NYC..

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
Do a search for "hidden antenna" to find links to the installation discussions regarding that. Some people have put the antenna in the brake light housing so as not to have it on the roof. Sounds like a really good idea to me!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I installed the Sirius version, purchased from Grubbs. I also went with the hidden antenae, putting it in the 3rd brake compartment on the back hatch. Works great. I can even maintain satelite acquisition in my garage.

Took me 2 hours to install receiver and antenae and activate the receiver with Sirius. Most of the time was installing the antenae and routing the wires into the spare tire compartment.

This is not a hard task, you do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out.

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
As far as I can tell, you don't need a special antenna. The trek mini, or even the regular size trek will do. Also, as far as I can tell, the hidden install seems easier than the roof install? Anyone disagree?

·
Registered
40 Posts
There's plenty of room in the third brake light area for the antenae so it doesn't have to be a really small one.

I used a Dremel tool and cut out some of the honey-comb backing on the third brake compartment door, then hot glued alum foil to it, and the attached the antenae to the alum foil. So far, mine has worked exceedlingly well. This type of install is much better in my opinion than the roof mount and having to notch the roof for the antenae wires.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Do a search on hidden antenna installation, Also search mattsmurano as a poster of pictures etc on the install. GRIP :D

·
4,664 Posts
If they follow Nissan's instructions, off center at the back of the roof. Looks kind of stupid.

Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Out in the air, off center and at the rear. AS per JAAK's copy of the Nissan pictures above. Just waiting to be hit by something extending from the rack, etc. GRIP :D

·
4,664 Posts
To clarify, for anyone who needs to know, the 03 and 04 installs are identical, except you skip the harness install for the 04.

Mine's not been hit, but I don't use the rack. I put mine in the centre, as it looks balanced. The advantage of this is that antenna wires aren't moving with the hatch opening and closing. However, I think it would take a long time before this is a real problem, if they're routed correctly through the wire boots. It's nice to have it hidden as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts