Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the deals people are getting now on a '04? Are they selling below invoice?
I am in the market for a new Murano. I must make a deal before the end of the year. About 8 months ago, we got a 2003 for Invoice, I would like to know what to expect to pay now for an '04 SL.

Thanks in advance guys!

-Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think I got a deal!

Just signed on the dotted line for a new loaded SL '04.
Has everything BUT the entertainment system. I paid $100 under invoice.

I configured my car via cars.com, and asked for dealers to contact me.

2 dealers contacted me at $200 over invoice, 1 came in $100 under
and the dealer closest to me came in at invoice.

I simply went to the dealer and said "the other dealer is giving me $100 under") and they agreed to it.

My new MO will be in in early January. (I could have taken the exact one I wanted off the lot, but it had 46 miles on it) I'm very particular about my new car. Don't want other people driving it before me.

My dealer also extends the bumper to bumper for another 4K miles.

The other dealer was offering a free 6/100,000 mile powertrain warranty, but the catch was you had to do every service with them and on time. There were just too many loopholes that I know I'd fall through to make that warranty actually stick

Let me know what you see!
(I'm sure my dealer would love to sell you one if you cant find this deal.)
Rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm in the Boston MA area, but I am sure, you'll be able to get the same deal in your neck of the woods...
Do the online thing at cars.com and have a dealer contact you.

You can have 3 at a time contact you, so I did it a few times to get 6-8 contacting me.
Then just start letting them fight with eachother. I find its much easier to play hardball sitting anonymously behind a computer screen...

·
Registered
191 Posts
'04 SL AWD Pricing

Got mine on November 26, 2003.
2004 SL AWD, everything but DVD Entrt. system(Nav,touring pkg; mats, wind-deflector,cargo protector, blah, blah and so on) for $34, 000. NJ sales tax: 6%, document fee $90.00, credit record check $39.00,plates, title, registration:all $124.00....hm this is it.
Oh they got me on that etching thingy $190.00.
So total was about $36,500.
Now you tell me, was it a good deal?

Whats'up with the name Chuvak anyways?

p.s. I just ran some numbers at carsdirect.com, and the picture is even better: SL fully loaded(minus dvd) is $33, 900. huh, how about that?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I took your suggestion and went to cars.com Only one dealer responded (so far) with an actual price quote.

This is for a SL AWD with Dynamic Control and Navigation. The quote was $36, 523. The salesmen stated that if he could locate this vehicle and bring it in there would be additional transportation charges. This dealer is in the Dallas area.

That seems higher than what you guys paid in Boston and NJ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2004 Deal

I just signed on my new MO, 2004 SL Front WD, Touring package--all goodies included like cargo cover, floor protector, carpeted floor mats...NO Nav...didn't want/need it. Out the door w/ TTT & fees at 32,900--Traded in my 2002 Acura TL for about 200 less than what I wanted so I asked them to paint a pin stripe on the new MO for me. I spent a great deal of time on the phone with many dealers and pitted them one against the other. I walked into the dealer that treated me with the most respect on the phone and told him that there were 12 other dealers in the Atlanta vicinity that I could go to, so for him not to waste my time...I feel great about my car, and I can't wait to get in and DRIVE!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
that's just awesome. Congratulations!

I like your "don't waste my time" statement to the dealer. I think I'll steal it and use it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I actually have been very blunt with these guys. I tell them that I am comparing them to other dealers and that I want their best price and will make a decision based on that.

I had one dealer yesterday come out with a price $300 below invoice! Oh well. I wish I had waited to sign the paperwork. I'm still satisfied with my $100 below.

Hold out though. Tell them you have a friend buying it for $100 below sticker.

Some dealers are more serious about the internet than others. Sounds like the one that just quoted you is trying to see how dumb you are.

Also try vehix.com, autobytel.com, and some of the other online sources. You'll eventually have lots of dealers going after you.

Let me know how you make out. If you wanted to, you could buy it up here and drive it back! ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Plot Thickens

I had my original dealer call me back and offer $600 under invoice!
33,693 for a car that lists for $37,710!

They also went up 400 bucks on my trade!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Perhaps Boston is the place to buy a car.

I've only had one quote so far. The rest of the responses were all BS.

Regarding the price, I am wanting everything, including NAV and satellite radio. Only thing I don't want is the chrome wheels. So my cost will be a bit higher.

I will try the other online services, too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It might be worth your while to come up to Boston and drive the car back.
I bet we could get a group deal.

Let me know if you want some help.

Are you buying the DVD entertainment system?

Only thing I am not getting is the satellite radio, chrome wheels, and DVD Entertainment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
RD, thanks for your offer of help. I may take you up on it.

I don't want the DVD entertainment system. Just the Bose audio system and the satellite radio. The NAV is something I want for when I am on the road.

Here is what I want, ideally:

Murano SL AWD Super Black with Cafe Latte Leather Interior, Touring Package, Navigation System, Dynamic Control System, Bose Audio System, Satellite Radio (Installed), and Towing Package. I do NOT want chrome wheels.

One dealer said that I would need to special order this car from the factory to get all the color options and other options I wanted in one car. If that's the case, getting a deal may not be as easy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was able to get the 04 MO SL AWD fully loaded with everything except DVD Ent System for 600 Below invoice from a dealer in NJ.

If anyone in NJ area wants his info send me a PM and I will tell you how to get it for that same price or maybe better :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I found it so hard to locate an SL AWD with NAV/Dynamic Control and Touring, I had to go to carsdirect. Paid $140+ over invoice. But I got exactly what I wanted. I searched every dealer inventory in the 75 mile radius and didn't find any.

I think a lot of new shipment of Muranos with high end configurations are just arriving. There was a shortage a month ago for fully loaded ones.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just picked up my loaded Silver MO yesterday. Love it! $600 below invoice and they gave me a lot for my trade. I couldn't be happier.

Got a 3% 60month finance rate from a local credit Union, so I'm happy all around.
There seems to be a lot of the loaded MO's coming in lately.
I had several dealers calling me telling me my car was in stock!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts