Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll admit that I'm guilty of not being a manual reader. I've always been a practical application-type guy, but I did read a lil on the S-drive, and the manual states that its good for braking, low-sped turning, and initial acceleration.

I must admit that I love this feature in the truck, but I know all good things eventually come to an end. Have any of you ever had any issues with it, and what can I possible expect (negatively).

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I havent had any problems with it, and im a moderate user. I find that if i put it into S mode while accelerating it does give a bit of a boost, but its not nearly as noticeable as cruising along, then depressing the gas pedal for a brief second, put it into S, then put your foot back on the gas (great for making lane changes or simply hauling ass) To me "S mode" is pretty much just a downshift and it reminds of the good ol days of driving a standard.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
IMHO, if they gave it to you to use, I would think that they would have programmed the controller not to let using it screw up the CVT.

I use the heck outta mine.
:D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
mgthe3 said:
IMHO, if they gave it to you to use, I would think that they would have programmed the controller not to let using it screw up the CVT.
They also gave you the AWD button to use, except when you use it it screws up the transfer case.......:2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts