Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alas the $50K+ price (CDN including taxes) for my SE without Nav has pushed my future purchase to at least the summer.

I am wondering what the 2004 Murano will be like and when it will be released. Any thoughts?

Mike

·
4,664 Posts
Looks like it will be American built, not Japanese. That in itself will give them enough to work on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard that production would be moved from Japan to the US, but nothing confirmed in a press release. This was something a salesman tried to use to get me to buy the car now. :roll:

Sgt_Beavis, how would ''triptronic'' shifting work with a CVT transmission [no gears]?

·
Registered
148 Posts
ChanMan said:
I've heard that production would be moved from Japan to the US, but nothing confirmed in a press release. This was something a salesman tried to use to get me to buy the car now. :roll:

Sgt_Beavis, how would ''triptronic'' shifting work with a CVT transmission [no gears]?
Good question. Essentially it would electronically hold different gear ratios between the two pullys.

Nissan originally had planned on offering tiptronic shifting of some sort but it was removed for what was described to me as "technical problems". If you look at some of the pre production pics of the Murano's interior, you'll see some with a tiptronic like shift gate on the gear selector.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i think all that will change for 04 will be minor cosmetic stuff like the tail lights-changing to a yellow turn signal instead of red. what would be more interesting to me is the next generation of the murano! will the roof line be shorter like the fx35/45? larger wheels? stronger cvt? radical redesign?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts