Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i i was driving my Murano the other day and noticed a little smoke coming from under the dash where the ignition is located,so i pulled over and shut the car down and tried to start it again and wouldn't start. would't even turn the starter over, but the lights in the dash come one except the P'RND lights. so i jumped the starter and was able to drive it home at no more than 20 mph, I dont have any way to check for codes or get it anywhere. i just need a few reason's as to what could be going on. any help would be great..

·
Registered
857 Posts
Check all fuses first. Under the hood and at the battery. Do not just throw another fuse back in. Take note of what the fuse is controlling, which will give you an idea of where to start looking. Try to resolve the issue first before replacing the fuse.

Go to Nicoclub.com and download the FSM for your car.

Maybe pull the lower dash and steering wheel plastic shroud and take a physical look to see if it's something obvious, like an exposed wire that moved and shorted out. Maybe a plug came partly disconnected, causing an issue. If a plug is not connected fully, there's a possibility that something might have back-feed electrically and over heated wires, melting them. Mice might have chewed the wires.

JAHU, if you're really not electrically inclined, it's best to find someone/garage that has experience with auto electrical systems. If you don't really know what your doing, you could cause the repair to be even more expensive, if they also have to figure out what you tried to do to fix the original issue.

Have a good day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts