Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) We got our new 2004 Nissan Murano SE on Friday....and WOW, what a car...!!!!! We purchased the polished Pewter with the Cafe Latte leather interior. We originally wanted the Sunlit Copper with the copper interior but, had a little trouble getting the Sunlit Copper, fully loaded, we are really pleased with the color we chose.
When riding in the car, it's like sitting on a couch, so comfortable and really quiet. The navigation system is right on target all the time. It's truly amazing to watch the navigation system at work.. The dual climate control is fantastic...and everything else about the car is excellent. Our Murano is fully loaded, with the exception of the DVD player, we didn't feel like we wanted to have the DVD player.
We took our Murano out for a ride on Saturday, and heads did turn when people looked at the car...it's a beauty..
The dealer we purchased the Murano from was Mark Arbuckle in Indiana, Pa. The dealership is an asset to Nissan and the salesperson Brandon, went above and beyond to be really helpful to us, with our purchase.
If and when we decide to purchase another car, it will be with Mark Abuckle Nissan again.
:D

·
4,664 Posts
It's great to hear you not only enjoy the vehicle, but have found a great dealer!

Let's see, a day or two and your face should be hurting pretty bad from all the smiling. (And I'm not kidding!)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
fatjack said:
:) We got our new 2004 Nissan Murano SE on Friday....and WOW, what a car...!!!!! :D
Welcome to the club Fatjack! It's good to see yet another member from PA. (Especially Southwestern!) Go Stillers, 'n at!

:20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Fatjack

Congratulations on your new Murano. I've had mine for just over a week and am really enjoying it as well as this forum. Good luck!!

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
Hey, that's the exact one I'm looking for! Hrmph, I'm soooo jealous!!

-Kathy

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just got a Polished Pewter last night, SL AWD, Touring Package, etc. but my interior is Charcoal.

I negotiated and purchased right at invoice price. I had done my homework, knew what I wanted, and had my printouts. The sales manager had the same target figure as I did, so I guess they really wanted a sale. It was the last day of the month, so I suppose that might have helped a bit.

Picking it up this Saturday!

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Welcome to the club Elliot!

It's a hellovaride :2:

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
My dealer just located the identical vehicle to yours for me. It's coming in 10 days - a diverted shipment. Can't wait to get it! Do you have pictures so I can dream?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Everyone-

I just purchased my 04 Polished Pewter/Cafe Latte Lthr SE AWD 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Just love it. I lurked around this site for awhile before buying, great source of 'real world' information.
My new MO has almost everything, no DVD or NAV.... XM is being installed today. Purchased from Carmax in Baltimore (White Marsh), which sells new Nissans. Had a good experience. Was please with what they offered for my trade. Since I had already test driven a MO elsewhere (an SL) I walked into Carmax ready to buy, left about an 90 mins later with my new baby (it took 30 mins to get the crap out of my old car)! Lookign forward to gleaning more knowledge for this group!

RonC

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
RonC
You got the one I was hoping to get my grubby paws on! They told me it was sold. :cursin: Oh well, it's twin (plus Nav) will be arriving at my doorstep shortly after Easter. :D Got pics?

Welcome to the board. These folks are a plethora of information! Here's a couple more questions for the group:

1) Have you ever run your Mo through a car wash with the antenna on? Is that a no-no?

2) With Nav, can you turn off the Nav so the screen reads like a non-Nav Mo (full display of HVAC/radio/data etc.)? Or is the Nav/mapview on all the time?

·
Registered
202 Posts
DoItFun said:
1) Have you ever run your Mo through a car wash with the antenna on? Is that a no-no?

2) With Nav, can you turn off the Nav so the screen reads like a non-Nav Mo (full display of HVAC/radio/data etc.)? Or is the Nav/mapview on all the time?
I take my Murano through either a touchless car wash or a soft cloth car wash pretty frequently (it's hard to keep my Midnight Blue baby clean!), and I've had no problem with either the AM/FM antenna or the XM satellite radio antenna.

You don't have to have the NAV map on all the time, although I usually do have it on. You can turn off the display completely, if you want, but then you won't see any HVAC or radio info at all unless you change radio stations, for example, or change the HVAC in some way. With any changes, the display will come on for about 5 seconds and then go off. As long as the NAV display is on, you will see either the HVAC info or the radio info (you can't display both at the same time) at all times. You can choose to display the map or trip info or mpg info or any other option if you'd rather.

Jeff

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have had my Polished Pewter w/Cafe Latte Leather for 35 days now. I am still totally loving it, had the front windows tinted 35% installed the rear bumper protector and getting clear bra installed next week. Oh yea, ordered Zaino today and ditched dealer tag frames for a pair if sweet looking 'Titanium' ones.

No rattles, squeaks or steering problems, knocking on wood. As hard as it is, i've been driving with stereo off quite a bit under different conditions, windows up/down rain/shine. Gas milage is a bit lower than expected, but improving a bit with 1600 miles logged and a little discipline while driving. (less lead in foot) driving with the fuel economy screen on helps too.

:p So far, best automotive purchase I have made. I love sharing and learning from this and Fresh Alloy forums.

MO's RULE!

DD

·
Registered
834 Posts
Polished Pewter w/Cafe Latte Leather/Nav is (was) a hard combo to get when I was looking back last July. Got Silver.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey DoItFun! I saw your earlier post and noticed you were in West Chester PA, wondered if you had looked in MD at all. Carmax had a few, I also looked/talled to Bob Bell Nissan and Tischer (and 2 others, in VA though). Regarding your question about the antenna, I have not taken mine to a carwash yet so I cannot speak from experience, but i read somewhere (owners manual, i think) that the mast can/should be removed before taking thru a carwash. The XM antenna I have is magnetic. Again I have not take the MO thru a carwash, but I had the same style antenna on my previous vehicle (CR-V) and it was fine in the carwash. As they say: YMMV. Hope you get your car soon. I'm loving mine so far! :D

RonC

DoItFun said:
RonC
You got the one I was hoping to get my grubby paws on! They told me it was sold. :cursin: Oh well, it's twin (plus Nav) will be arriving at my doorstep shortly after Easter. :D Got pics?

:D :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
dmako said:
Polished Pewter w/Cafe Latte Leather/Nav is (was) a hard combo to get when I was looking back last July. Got Silver.

Enjoy!
Mine came from a dealer outside of Philadelphia, my MD dealer did a swap, so it had 159 highway miles when I took delivery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts