Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got our 2004 Murano SE AWD (2 weeks)... let's see it has already gone back two times and is now booked for a third visit...

The problem... picked up the MO with the steering wheel shifted to the right... when you hold the steering wheel straight the SUV goes off to the left... the mechanic did 3 360s and said the factory put the wheel on crooked and it needs an alignment. Got it back and well the wheel was even worse, sat off to the left... went back for another alignment... seemed to be fixed... drove about 20 km and back to the same original position (sits off to the right, at one point it seemed to correct itself, but then went back to the same offset position)... anyone had a similar problem and how was it fixed?

Also has anyone noticed an audible difference in the sound of the motor between the driver and passenger power seats?

Lastly, after washing your MO have you opened up your trunk and noticed water around the plastic of the trunk???

Looking for answers... all we want to do is enjoy our new purchase!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
466 Posts
I haven't had problems like this in my '03 but be sure to read about the Lemon law in your state. Most of them, I believe, state that if the dealer can't fix the problem in three or more visits, it is considered a lemon and they must buy it back from you.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
You will be surprised how many dealers do not lock the steering wheel in the straight ahead position while doing an alignment. I remember having to visit 3 Firestone shops to get one to align my Maxima correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts