Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 SL and purchased the SAT (XM) radio locally - I have taken the car apart but cannot find the prewired harness? Is it just laying there? Could I possibley have an early 2004 that was not prewired? Has anybody out there done a 2004? I see a ton on putting the sat in a 2003 but not much on the process for a 2004 - thanks in advance for your help.

·
4,664 Posts
Look behind the rear seat on the right side (when facing the front).

If you fold down the seat and pull up the flap, you should be able to see into where the Bose amp is (If you have the Bose labelled Clarion manufactured Nissan radio). I understand the end of the harness has been found there. Have a look at the connector labelled "To SAT receiver" in the picture below. While the wiring sheath will look a bit different, the connector should be identical.

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
Your harness may actually look more like this one...

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
If you have the harness installed, or your Murano is Pre-Wired as they say, you don't need to install the wiring harness, but the rest of the install is identical to the 2003, in that you have to connect and mount the receiver and antenna and route the antenna coax cables in such a manner as they won't be bent at a servere angle, get chafed, cause a rattle, or let water seep in.

(It's not as hard as it seems...)

:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks I will look there in the morning and let everyone know. I apprecaite your help!

·
Registered
466 Posts
The 2004 MO is prewired for SAT. I have an 04 and just installed my SAT last weekend. I went with the hidden antenna. To find the harness fold the back seats down and then you will see a rubber flap on the passenger side...There will be a white harness tape up. You will plug that into your SAT receiver...ground the receive and connect the antenna. Like I said I went with the hidden antenna and it took me maybe an hour to do everything....If you have any questions, send me a PM and I will be more than happy to help you out....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Milgrad - amny thanks - I might PM you today or tomorrow - thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK - just found it - I will post later today on how the install goes!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Not a problem at all...Let me know if you need any help....

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
I am picking up my SL AWD w/Nav tonight!
I have a Pioneer GEX-FM903XM receiver from my old car, and was wondering if I can plug it straight in to the harness in my '04.
Photo does not show the green and yellow xm antenna connectors to the right.
Any help is appreciated, I'd rather not spend another $300!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
looks like the connector to the head unit/control unit is different.

Not sure if you can rewire it or just and an adapter.

you might have to go with a new unit. Possible sell that on on ebay to get some $$$ for the new one.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The Pioneer connector is proprietary to Pioneer (head units). Will attach to a Pioneer XM ready head unit. Won't attach to the Clarion (Bose) headunit without some type of connector between the two units.

I don't think that it's made, at least not that I'm aware of!

This is why I have two Xm subscriptions, one of the Pioneer version in trhe old Maxima and the direct one in the MO.

·
4,664 Posts
Won't work and it would cost you more than getting the right receiver to even attempt making it work.

Sorry!

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Thanks for your help.
Ebay here I come!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts