Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
i read that yesterday, brake my heart...

maybe in two or three years, when it is time to sell the murano, nissan will climb up and hence I will get muravo version 2.0
For now, I am not commited to nissan family yet.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Didn't we discuss somewhere that Nissan's numbers are skewed by the Titan and Armada, and not the Murano?

·
Registered
424 Posts
ekaxel's right . . . here's the quote from the first survey . . .

"quality problems with the Armada, the Quest minivan, and the Titan full-size pickup dragged down Nissan's ranking in J.D. Power & Associates' annual initial quality survey, which reflects flaws found by owners in the first 90 days".

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Survey shmurvey, I can't open that PDF file that copperKat posted. It's all numbers and stuff that looks like $%555 xx44 YHH^^^@#!.
My survey sits below in the garage. 2002 3.5 Altima, no reported problems at 27,000 miles. 2004-SL-MO, no reported problems at 8,000 miles. Sorry JD Power, I don't concur.
Bob1

·
Registered
424 Posts
bob1 said:
Suvey shmurvey, I can't open that PDF file that copperKat posted.
Here's the article:

21:38:25 July 08, 2004
Nissan hustles engineers to U.S. to aid new-vehicle quality effort

By LINDSAY CHAPPELL AND YUZO YAMAGUCHI | Automotive News

Nissan Motor Co. has dispatched about 200 engineers from Japan to address quality problems at Nissan's new assembly plant in Canton, Miss.

The engineers also are examining Nissan's car factory in Smyrna, Tenn., a component engineering center in Farmington Hills, Mich., and an unspecified number of supplier plants.

The move comes just weeks after Nissan's dismal showing in the 2004 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study of consumer perceptions of product quality. The first three nameplates launched at Canton - the Quest minivan, Titan full-sized pickup and Pathfinder Armada SUV - each scored last in their segments.

CEO Carlos Ghosn last week addressed Canton's quality issues during the Nissan shareholders' meeting in Tokyo.

"You can't expect a new plant to start to give the same level of efficiency as other plants which are 25 years old," he told shareholders.

According to the J.D. Power study, complaints about vehicles built in Canton ranged from wind noise, loose molding and brake pedal vibration to paint chips and blemishes.

The $1.4 billion Canton plant is only a year old. It was built in just two years. The assembly plant produces four all-new models using a new work force, a new U.S. engine operation and new suppliers.

Despite the quality problems, Nissan's U.S. sales are healthy. For the first five months of 2004, combined U.S. Nissan and Infiniti sales were up 28.2 percent.

But Kunihiko Shiohara, analyst at Goldman Sachs (Japan) Ltd., is alarmed. "Nissan tapped into new segments quickly," he says. "So it seems like Nissan gave quality a second priority."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe the 2004 J.D. Powers Dependabilty Survey is based on 2001 model year vehicles so it doesn't include the Mo or Titan/Armada.

I think you have to take these surveys for what they are. A cross section sampling of problems/opinion that the owner encountered. The same problem can occur in different vehicles i.e. Mo or MDX but how the problem was handled/resolved by the Dealership can plays a part in how the survey was answered.

Nissan may get downgraded due to the service at their dealerships.
Just look at Infiniti, it is rank #3 after Lexus/Honda. So we know they have the know how to build high quality cars. I just hope they are not cutting too many corners because it has the Nissan badge on it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Really? That's too bad.

Hey, I thought 2003 model was excellent, and now 2004 is average...? Do you thinks because of the quality of 2004 MO is sucks? I read that Nissan send out some 20+ tech to the USA, to fix the problems. Did you know that 2003 models were all made in Japan. I picked 2003 model instead of 2004 for this reason. :confused:

So far no preblemo for the last 9 months of rollin.

Nizmo :18:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts