Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by Nissan today after the sales guy I'm working with said the 2004s have started coming in... had twelve 2004s in inventory and they were expecting more next week. They didn't have the color/specs I wanted (Glacier Pearl with the Leather Package) but possibly next week.

I spoke with the sales manager and he gave me pricing for a FWD Mo with Leather Package which worked out to $800 below KBB invoice ($29150). During our conversation, I pointed out to him that I was waiting for the 2004s since they didn't have the color I wanted... and he explained the price should be the same but I wouldn't be able to get the promo deal... a portable DVD player was being given away with 2003s only. Told him I'd think about it and left. About five minutes later I get a call and he "corrects" himself... the pricing he provided was only for the 2003 Mo... the 2004 pricing isn't out yet but it will definitely be more than the 2003. I figure that their strategy is to provide much higher pricing on the 2004s until they get rid of all the 2003s. Geez I hate the sales games these people play. Now I'm contemplating going with my second choice, a 2004 4Runner just because of the games they are playing at Nissan. I'm not lucky enough to live in an area where there are multiple Nissan dealerships... we only have one of pretty much every car maker... Nissan, Toyota, GM, Ford, etc. Decisions, decions....:confused:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Good move.
They won't "play any games at Toyota"

:rolleyes:

Homer

·
Registered
278 Posts
Is that in Guam or US?

In Canada, the price increase is $200 SL, $400 SE.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a really good buddy at Toyota that I can count on to give me the best deal possible... I was deciding between the 4 Runner and the Mo but I found that I very much preferred the Mo because of the sporty car like ride. We already own a 2000 4Runner and initially wifee and I were looking to get another 4Runner to replace my aging Honda Accord.. then came the Mo experience and I had to tell my friend the Mo won me over. Still hoping I can get the Mo unless of course the salesguys at Nissan are unwilling to work with me.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Be careful ...

I was thinking in terms of "deals", etc., and looked at all kinds of other cars. I finally came to my senses, got a decent deal loaded with great service and stuff thrown in (still got a discount, but not major).

Canada ran out of '03s (almost). You will pay a bit more for a MO. You will get some kind of discount. Don't buy something "less" or "else" just because you don't get an extra $300. off or something. You already know the 4Runner experience. Give yourself the spaceship experience of the MO. I've driven both and I cannot imagine not having my MO.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Is that in Guam or US?

rainbowfarm said:
In Canada, the price increase is $200 SL, $400 SE.
Guam is a territory of the US but Nissan locally is actually a branch of Nissan Japan and not Nissan USA... pricing here seems to be about the same as what others in the US Mainland are paying.

The Canada price increases (US$150 SL, US$300SE)are in line with Nissans other 2004 price increases on other models ... couple of hundred dollars more or less. Nissan USA hasn't come out with the official 2004 pricing on Murano but once they do, it'll be posted here:
http://www.infinitinews.com/nissan/news/pricing/index.shtml

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Be careful ...

rainbowfarm said:
I was thinking in terms of "deals", etc., and looked at all kinds of other cars. I finally came to my senses, got a decent deal loaded with great service and stuff thrown in (still got a discount, but not major).

Canada ran out of '03s (almost). You will pay a bit more for a MO. You will get some kind of discount. Don't buy something "less" or "else" just because you don't get an extra $300. off or something. You already know the 4Runner experience. Give yourself the spaceship experience of the MO. I've driven both and I cannot imagine not having my MO.
I really want the Mo but they don't have the color and package I want in a 2003. I am waiting until they have the color I want (hopefully next week when more 2004s come in) and I'll negotiate pricing then. A few hundred dollars increase is fine but if they want a couple of thousand dollars more then I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend that much. (I can get the 4runner w/ sport package for about $30k) and if I was willing to spend $33k on a Mo, I'd also be looking at 2003 FX35... selling for about $35k with Premium package with a better warranty package. We'll see next week...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got me all excited for nothing

Guam is a territory of the US but Nissan locally is actually a branch of Nissan Japan and not Nissan USA...
I'm waiting to for the 2004's and getting impatient :(

Might want to qualify in the message title that this is not for mainland US.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay I found out at Nissan that although the 2004s have arrived locally, the pricing will not be released until the 2004s have hit the US mainland... most likely in mid-October. So even if they have them in stock, until Nissan Japan gives the green light to release pricing, they can't sell them... ooooo the waiting! :4:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Getting bent out of shape, Myself!

:3: I can't wait any longer for the '04s and it is really driving me up the wall!!:3: :3: :3: It's like trying to get mmy teeth pulled while somebody is poking a fork in my eye simultaneously!!
The only saving grace is, I have to sell my CR-V before I buy the new car and that is really what is stopping me from buying an '03:4:
Even my loan package has arrived and I am as ready as I could ever be!!!:3:
So, is it the unofficial word that they will be available in mainland USA in mid Oct?

Thank You.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey My_1_Mo, thanks for the info about the availability of the 2004 on island. I got mine (Silver SL FWD) last June at Auto City and I'm still happy with it (1800 miles!). Anyway, I suggest you wait until they have the 2004 Muranos out and ready to go :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts