Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a 2005 Murano with Vehicle Dynamic Control (Electronic Stability Control). I need to know what is the easiest way to determine if a Mo has it. Is it as simple as the existence of the VDC switch on the dash? In the '06 models VDC is only available on SL or SE models with the touring package. Is the same true in 05?

I would also like to know what the available interior and exterior '05 colors are.

One last question... what are the differences between the '05 and '06 mo?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
And to answer the VDC part, yes the only way to tell is if their is the VDC off switch on the left side of the dash. You made a smart decision to get the feature.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
TML-

The 2005 Murano was available in the following colors:

Exterior:
Sunlit Copper
Chardonnay
Merlot
Glacier Pearl (aka White)
Silver
Midnight Blue
Platinum
Super Black

Interior:
Cafe Latte (aka Tan) cloth & leather
Charcoal cloth & leather
Cabernet leather

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Yes, to get the VDC package on the 05 you need to also have the touring package.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
TML-

Are you looking at buying a leftover or used 2005 Murano?

I know my dealership still has a new 2005 on the showroom floor as of last week. I would think you could get a very good deal on a leftover (of course, you don't get the LED tail lights, nor the standard color screen, nor the upgraded gauge cluster, nor the standard back-up camera, nor...).

-njjoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
njjoe -

Thanks for the info on the available colors and links to the threads on the '05 to '06 comparisons.

I was looking to get a used 2005 with VDC. I didn't realize until today that VDC was also available in earlier years too. So I may also consider an '04.

You mentioned in your post that you don't get the standard color screen in 2005. I drove a '05 SL and it had a screen with color graphics displays. Was that optional in 2005?

-TML

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
All 2006 models have the color screen. The earlier 2003 to 2005 came with color screen only if they had factory navigation. Otherwise they have a orange text LCD screen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VDC Availability

I'm looking to purchase a used 04 or 05 Mo SL with VDC and haven't had much luck finding one. I've been told by at least one dealer that VDC is very rare. Does anyone know what percentages of 04 or 05 SL’s are equipped with VDC?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts