Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I just got a quote from a local Nissan (Excellence rated) dealer for the following - can you give me your thoughts

05 Murano S with Convienence Package, Roof rack, Splash Guards, Floor Mats and Cargo Convienence Package (??? not sure what this is :confused: ) for $26385 plus taxes and fees - Drive out price $28893

05 Murano SL with Splash Guards, Floor Mats and Cargo Convienence Package (??? not sure what this is) for $26931 plus taxes and fees - Drive out price $29478

Regards
D :confused: :confused:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Suggestion, Check out CarsDirect.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there Grip

Yep I tried Cardirect that gave me a price of $25361 and $26740 for the 05 'S' and 'SL' - exc taxes and fees but I just wanted a heads up on folks who had actually gone in and bought - i.e should I expect to get more incentives, free options etc such as the HID (not sure of cost to be fair)

Cheers
D:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Mo pretty much sells itself, they don't have to give them away. Nissan was giving $1500 back on carsdirect I think, but it might have expired. Its really up to the dealer and the salesperson.....

Its alot like a box full of chocolates (in my Gump voice).....you never know what you're gonna get. :4:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been told to always go through the "internet guy". They generally work on volume and not comission so they are more apt to give the best price up front. My local Nissan dealer internet guy was upfront in saying that his deal was any 2005 Murano at $500 under invoice. I doubt you'd get a regular sales guy to do that.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
I think the $1500 rebate was just for the '04 models, not the '05. At least it was in December when I ordered mine.

You should be able to get invoice price or under. I got mine for $500 under. I had another dealership offer $100 under, another offer $250 over, and some idiot offered $2500 over (it was quite funny, actually).

Of course, I was ordering one from the factory, so they couldn't pull the "well, we have a lot of people looking at this car, so you'll have to pay $X"

You should be able to get a dealer to at LEAST match CarsDirect pricing, though. Print it out and walk in with that price. I seriously doubt that they'd turn you down.

Or just ignore the hassles and go through CarsDirect! :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
porboy44 said:
I've been told to always go through the "internet guy". They generally work on volume and not comission so they are more apt to give the best price up front. My local Nissan dealer internet guy was upfront in saying that his deal was any 2005 Murano at $500 under invoice. I doubt you'd get a regular sales guy to do that.
What I did, I got 3K off blue book on my pre-cert 04'.:eek:

·
Registered
61 Posts
My deal for a SE AWD with all the toys except Nav with my colors (ie. not on the lot, had to trade for it) was $150 over invoice. I would have pushed for less if they already had mine available.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey porboy44, that wasn't Raoul at Harte was it? The line, like the snow and the salt is somewhat familiar...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey all

thanks for all the help.
I think I am gonna go for the 2005 SL in Black with Charcoal interior :)

D

PS: Now just need to get my wife to qualify for the 3% financing

·
Registered
11 Posts
saito said:
Hey porboy44, that wasn't Raoul at Harte was it? The line, like the snow and the salt is somewhat familiar...
Yep, sure was Raoul.

That was my second purchase from that dealer. I was very happy with Raoul but them again I already knew what we wanted off their lot.

Matt

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a 2005 SL on 12/24. I used the fax attack method (see www.fightingchance.com) and got it for $500 under invoice. I got quotes from 3 different dealers at $500 under invoice, but only only had the car in stock (actually it was being delivered the next week).

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
er2s said:
I bought a 2005 SL on 12/24. I used the fax attack method (see www.fightingchance.com) and got it for $500 under invoice. I got quotes from 3 different dealers at $500 under invoice, but only only had the car in stock (actually it was being delivered the next week).
I also used the fax attack method (although with e-mails rather than faxes) and it worked out quite well. Definitely the way to do it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
New 2004 SL 2WD price

I work for a major tire manufacturer and took advantage of the Nissan supplier's buying discount program. I was given 2.87% below the invoice price and 2% finance. I have purchased four other Nissans over the last 10 years from the same local dealer, however, this was my first new (never titled) Nissan purchase. In all the discount program saved me about $ 400.00 from the best negotiated deal. I would encourage other car buyers to check with their employers and ask other family members for eligibility of similar programs.
I also had the opportunity for the following supplier program discounts:
Ford-- 4% more than Ford employee's discounts Volkswagen-- $ 500.00 cash rebate after your purchase. Chrysler-- 1% below invoice. GM--1% below invoice plus $ 300.00 to $ 500.00 depending on vehicle.
Hyundai-- $500 cash rebate after your purchase. Infinity-- same as the Nissan progam. I love my MO except for the tracking issue, left pull, swap tires, right pull, change tires, alignment, pulls left again......maybe it's the tires!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
If you want to easily compare prices on new vehicles (and your not an insider, nice deal Zelmosan) try Carmax at :

http://carmax.com/dyn/compare/comparevehicles.aspx.

They have only one Nissan dealership in Washington DC but give nice, clearly posted prices from MSRP. If you know the MSRP of the model your looking at, you can easily find one the same or very similar in stock at Carmax.

For example, the link above shows the highest priced Murano, an 05, SL, AWD, MSRP of $37,290, for $33,668 or the lowest priced one, an S, MSRP of $28,570 for $26,418.

Even if you can't or don't want to travel, you certainly can suggest to your local dealer that you just might if he can't match or beat the Carmax price.

I also think that Carmax only "adds" a $99 fee to the price while some dealers are attempting to add significantly more for "fees".

·
Registered
206 Posts
I got mine for $30 below invoice and that was a little hard around my area. As Jpalm said "they don't have to give them away" All in all I think my price wasn't bad considering it was an 05 and it was still 2004. Good luck though.:cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
The dealer offered me my '05 for $100 over invoice. I didn't even have to negotiate with them. I was surprised that a Japanese car would sell so close to invoice. In past negotiations Nissan, Honda and Toyota wouldn't drop much below $1000 off sticker, and this time around the Highander and Pilot were offered to me at about $500 off sticker. So why was the MO $3000 off sticker?

Maybe Nissan does need to "give them away"? There were at least a dozen 2004's on the lot and even more 2005's.

If I remember correctly, the MO's sticker is about $2000 higher than comparably equipped Highlanders and Pilots. Maybe Nissan is offering deeper discounts than the other guys in order to remain competitive.

JeffC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Someone check me if I'm wrong but something interesting to think about when leasing a new car (If leasing is a consideration) is that if you get the previous year model you can improve your "mileage equity".

For example, your contract gives you 48000 miles in a 4 year lease starting the month you leased your car in, say, January '05. That's 1000 miles a month. After 12 months (Jan '06) you have 12000 miles on your car. Now lets say at the end of the 12 months you want to trade your car in (Jan, '06 remember), the dealership will appraise your vehicle as being two years old with an average of 6000 miles per year driven. This would give you a mileage equity right? Of course, the vehicle would be considered 2 years old when you only had it 1 so you would also loose some value there. Would it be good logic to get a previous year model as opposed to a new year model? (Don't get me wrong, I love my Mo' and am not considering trading it in after 12 months...unless I turn into a blithering idiot wishing I had sprung for for the Navi option).

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Interesting, I need to give it some thought.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Standard leases do not take into account "mileage equity"....if you have ,say, a 4 year lease 48,000 miles and turn it back with 50,000; they have the right to charge you for excess mileage; if you turn it back with say 46,000 miles, you will not be given any "credit" for that. Some leases operate that way but are more costly monthly than a standard lease. The problem with leasing a non current model or even late in the current model year is the residual or the forecast value of the vehicle at the end of the lease. An older vehicle will have less value / less residual and thus the monthly lease payment will be higher...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts