Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if I can replace a non-intelligent key system door lock actuator with an intelligent key system door lock actuator? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I have repaired my 2004 driver side door lock actuator by just replacing the motor inside. No need to change the entire assembly since the only broken part there is that mabuchi motor -$5 ebay or 4/$10 China. If you can remove the actuator by yourself, you can go 1 step further and open it up and change the motor. The only challenge is closing it shut after motor replacement. Its very doable though if you're creative enough. Mine has been running as is should for a few years now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to know the answer to this question as well and it seems there is not much information out there. I gambled and went ahead and ordered a replacement drivers door lock actuator assembly with intelligent key for my 2005 non intelligent key. After installing it everything worked fine except when turning the ignition off the driver and pass side windows would automatically roll down. To stop that from happening I had to cut a wire in the harness going in the actuator and now everything works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
klash2
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing