Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife's '05 MO has only 52k miles on it. For the last month or so, when you activate the front wiper fluid system, it actually comes out of the rear wiper system.
Wondering if it is a short in the wiring, or possibly a defective solenoid or something easier than finding a short.
IF anyone has any ideas, I would be extremely grateful!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I think you may be on the right track, I would start by checking body ground connections for corrosion or looseness. I've heard bad ground connections can make stuff act screwy...

Is you Murano particularly rusty?

You can find the service manual here:

Reactions: beachsidebum1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you may be on the right track, I would start by checking body ground connections for corrosion or looseness. I've heard bad ground connections can make stuff act screwy...

Is you Murano particularly rusty?

You can find the service manual here:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I'll take a look at your link for the manual. Cheers.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano AWD
790 Posts
Looking at the schematic, the front and rear washers operate off of the same motor, which is itself wired directly to the combination switch on the steering column. It looks like the motor reverses polarity based on which way the switch is pushed so you get fluid squirting through either front or rear. I would guess it's probably a fault in the combination switch itself, but you can find some diagnostic procedures in the service manual that MuranoSL2003 linked.

When you find out what caused the problem, please be sure to post back what the fix was for other people with the same issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the schematic, the front and rear washers operate off of the same motor, which is itself wired directly to the combination switch on the steering column. It looks like the motor reverses polarity based on which way the switch is pushed so you get fluid squirting through either front or rear. I would guess it's probably a fault in the combination switch itself, but you can find some diagnostic procedures in the service manual that MuranoSL2003 linked.

When you find out what caused the problem, please be sure to post back what the fix was for other people with the same issue.
Sooo....it seems they decided to start working on their own again. Must be an intermittent electrical issue. My favorite of all the issues!(n) As we are putting about 5 miles a week on the car right now, it will take a back burner. Will report back if I get a chacne to work on this. Thanks to MuranoSL2003 and I Need Coffee!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts