Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at a dealership this xmas after seeing a merlot model while passing. Took a few pics of the button for intellegent key on the door handle, the front and side ground clearance.

Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I had a 04 and an 05 at the same time, an someone said just what you do so I wnt and looked closely and unfortunately I could not see any real difference. You may be right but side bu side I could not see it.

·
4,994 Posts
Basically what the dumb key fob does PLUS. Allows you to open doors by pressing the button on the door and start the car by twisting the know on the dash without putting in the key. So cary the new fob and eliminate some hassle.

·
4,994 Posts
I just use the buttons on the IKF like the old key fob.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Murano_driver said:
So you are saying that you do not need a key any more? What about the security? :confused:
You have to have the key with you (i.e. in your pocket) or it has to be near the lock.

·
4,994 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Actually it's kind of nice not to have to drag out the keys. As long as they are in your pocket, the vehicle will open, turn on, etc. Only realy problem is when the battery runs out (nissan says 8-9 months battery life). Life is tough. <grin>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts