Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm going to buy the Murano soon so I was wondering if you could help me out by posting what you paid for yours. I'm looking to get a 2005 SL AWD with Touring and Tech. Not sure what the market is like out there. Plus any suggestions for a dealer in the Boston area?
thanks

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I paid $100 over invoice which at the time I thought was a good deal. From what I know, members have paid as low as $700 under dealer invoice (not MSRP, but invoice). So shop around.

Oh...if finacing is not a major issue, don't buy paint protection or extended warranty on the day of car purchase. Just deal on the car itself and then buy those extras (if you like that is) a few days later after you have had time to compare prices with several other dealers. They would be more willing to give you a better deal if they don't have you cornered.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
$400 under invoice. I tried for a week to get them to go lower then that... and couldn't. I shopped around and no other dealer had the exact car I wanted, so I couldn't play anyone against each other. The dealers all said they can get me the car I wanted though... but without the car on the lot, I didn't have the power to negotiate like I wanted. I was happy with my final price.... doubt I got a great deal, but I know I didn't get ripped off. That makes it me happy. :2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
We paid just a bit over 36,000 for SL AWD, touring and tech and a bunch of other port installed options (floor mats, sun roof deflector, etc.)

Other than problems with out of state registration (detailed with all the boring details here ) we were quite happy dealing with Ryan @ Fireside Nissan in North Attleboro. They had a good selection. Tell 'em we sent you :>

Another possible reason to wait on the warranty / simonizing, etc is that in some states those costs are factored into the sales tax equation.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I paid 1K under invoice for my 05 SL AWD with sunroof.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i forgot to mention that i spent 8 hrs(2 days) at the dealership and was working with two dealers over the price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jmeitz said:
i forgot to mention that i spent 8 hrs(2 days) at the dealership and was working with two dealers over the price.
Damn if I can get that price, then I'm all good. I'm hoping I can get something done this weekend. Hopefully the dealer is in a crunch to get some sales done before month end. If not I can always wait until next weekend:D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
ScottieR6 said:
...Hopefully the dealer is in a crunch to get some sales done before month end. If not I can always wait until next weekend:D
That is the attitude that will get you the best possible deal... :)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I know this doesn't count, but I managed to pay $1190 under invoice (no rebates) in June 2003 for my SE AWD Murano. I cannot explain why I got such a good price (considering there were no special offers or incentives at that time) other than the fact that i put my foot down and said I'm not going to pay any more than that. Surprisingly they grudgingly agreed, after giving the story about how the salesman's kids will starve and he can't buy new shoes (and his old ones have holes in them). :2:

·
Registered
74 Posts
local dealers in St. Louis are offering employee price on Muranos till the end of July.

·
Registered
120 Posts
34200 before tag fees and taxes for what's in my signature - close to 1k under invoice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Seems like I got the best deal :)
I paid $32,500 out of the door (which INCLUDES taxes and fees) for my 2004 SL AWD with everything but NAV last year. My taxes are only 3.2% where I live, so that saved me about $1000, but stil...
Beat it!

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
KGBhoy said:
Seems like I got the best deal :)
I paid $32,500 out of the door (which INCLUDES taxes and fees) for my 2004 SL AWD with everything but NAV last year. My taxes are only 3.2% where I live, so that saved me about $1000, but stil...
Beat it!
yeah...go ahead and rub it in....:3:

But seriously, that is a very good deal and goes to show that dealers can afford to sell at or around that price so be persistant and shop around...:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you're willing to wait long enough and go used, you can get a killer deal.

I'd been lurking all the dealer websites in my region for about six months (at the time it was just for fun, I wasn't really serious about buying a car), then one day in late February I found a car that matched all of my criteria...

'04 SL, sunroof package, premium package, satelite radio, tow package, and here's the kicker, only 1,138 miles! I ran a carfax on it, and it had been delivered on November 20th of '04 and sold back to the dealer on January 8th '05. Checked the service records, nothing amiss, so I went to the negotiating table. (The dealer told some story about the family moving to Germany... whatever) I looked up the Edmunds TMV price of the car, which at the time was ~$30,500 dealer retail and ~$26,800 private party. I talked them down to ~$27,800 out the door, at 9:30 PM on the last day of the month.

Yeah, it's used, but who frickin cares? I got a literally-almost-brand-new SL for something like $4500 under invoice. If someone else was in my shoes, they probably could have got an even better price. I'm really easy-going, and me and the salesman had been chewing the fat for several hours each day I went to talk to him. (We still say hi when we see eachother at Vons) If you're more of the "I'm putting my damn foot down, and you can't do anything about it" type of guy, you probably could have squeezed another 500-1000 out of him.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Done Deal

Well I went to the dealer this afternoon and came back with a new MO. I'm in the club guys. I ended up buying a SL they had on the lot. It was pretty loaded with touring, tech and control package. It also sat radio that I didn't really want but since it was in there I had to take it. Also the small stuff like cross rails and cargo protector, wind deflector. So when it was all said and done, I got them to $34,798. I was hoping for more, but I kept pushing and they wouldn't give. But I'm happy with my price. I think invoice was 35,798. The dealer made about $800 off me from the hold backs but I couldn't get them to budge anymore. The manager over at Frost was pretty straight up with me. Surprisingly, it wasn't much of a struggle at all. Just took forever. Now I just have to learn how to use all the toys in it. Does anyone know how long I get the free sirus service for? I only get a few channels, but some is better than none.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ScottieR6,

Welcome to "the club"!!!

As far as your SIRIUS sat radio, call 1-888-539-7474 and activate your service. It doesn't cost you a penny and will give you access to ALL of the SIRIUS channels. They will ask for your SIRIUS radio serial number and, upon verifying that your radio was installed by Nissan, they'll tell you that you're eligible for a 3-month free trial. After the 3-month free trial, you'll be billed for the next year's subscription. If you choose not to continue the service after the 3-month free trial, just throw the bill away and they'll stop your service. I can almost guarantee that you'll wind up keeping it! :4:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good deal...or not

Hi, folks...I'm new to this forum.

My wife and I are wanting to purchase an '05 and earlier today and I looked at (live in N. Florida) a SE with the Touring Package. Dealer quoted $29,796; MSRP is $34,610. What's your opinion; good deal ... or not?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would go to KBB.com to price out all the options. You should be able to get it for a few hundred under invoice. this is the time of the year when they are trying to blow out all the 05's before the 06's come in the fall. Good luck

1 - 20 of 23 Posts