Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an '05 alternator recalled yet? I still haven't received notice, so I was wondering if the recall notices are being sent out with '03 priority, then '04, then '05.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got my notice a couple weeks ago and already had it replaced. There's a thread that list the vin #'s that are affected so you may check that to see if you are one of them. Also I beleive any made after 09/04 are not affected so you may look at your door pillar sticker to see. Good luck!!! :cool:

·
Registered
792 Posts
No letter for me either. I, too, am early production - well the Murano is.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Got my letter yesterday and I am booked to have them look at it tomorrow. My alternator was replaced in May 04 so it will be interesting on wherther or not they replaced it. The numbers that have been posted on this site are differant from the one they replaced last year. Will keep you posted what happens.:D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I just got my recall notice yesterday. 03 model.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just got my recall yesterday as well. I need to assess whether to have it done or not since I never have had any alternator problems. I just wonder if the replacement might end up causing problems at some point.

·
Registered
792 Posts
:)

I just got mine yesterday also.

'03.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
elliotgb said:
Just got my recall yesterday as well. I need to assess whether to have it done or not since I never have had any alternator problems. I just wonder if the replacement might end up causing problems at some point.
Get it done. At some point, all the original spec alternators will fail.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If your VIN number is listed below, you'll need to get your alternator replaced:

2005 MY - 2WD: JN8AZ08T*5W300104-302827
2005 MY - AWD: JN8AZ08W*5W400011-404496

·
5,268 Posts
Nissmo said:
My 3/05 build is ok. There is a vin list here somewhere.
Nissmo,

just one quick question: why did yiu retire Touareg?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Kris said:

Nissmo,

just one quick question: why did yiu retire Touareg?
The Treg was heavy (5300 lbs) so it got lousy milage and most of all I lost confidence in it. Many electical gremlins and drivetrain issues VW was in denial but were/are buying lots of them back. Not a vehicle you would want to own out of warranty. I only put 8900 miles on it but retreated back to Nissan build quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CopperKat said:
If your VIN number is listed below, you'll need to get your alternator replaced:

2005 MY - 2WD: JN8AZ08T*5W300104-302827
2005 MY - AWD: JN8AZ08W*5W400011-404496

copperkat, i thank you sir for the info you send me,i did check my vin..324731 my guess is it will not be recall,is that right? need info pls. orlyozzie_____________

1 - 16 of 16 Posts