Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are your thoughts on the RDX? I'm strongly considering this as a replacement for my 2003 SL. I going to wait until I see what the Infiniti CSX is going to be like before I make a final decision.

·
Registered
828 Posts
It'll be on my short list too.

tktommy said:
So what are your thoughts on the RDX? I'm strongly considering this as a replacement for my 2003 SL. I going to wait until I see what the Infiniti CSX is going to be like before I make a final decision.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here's a shot of the RDX from the WSJ coverage of the auto show.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think the Acura engineers may have been drinking with Subaru's crew during the design of the RDX's rear

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Hmmm... The interior looks great. Very modern looking. The blue lighting is so much better than the MO's orange glow.

The exterior, however, looks like an econbox in the photos. I am sure it looks much better in person, but it just looks too plain in the photo.

-njjoe

·
Registered
74 Posts
dealer said it will arrive around June/July and be around the low 30's.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
njjoe said:
...The blue lighting is so much better than the MO's orange glow....
I don't know...I have the tan interior and the orange lights blend so nicely with the interior I am also using a orange/wood background (front end) on my carputer screen as well....:D

·
Registered
301 Posts
jmeitz said:
dealer said it will arrive around June/July and be around the low 30's.
The price is right on the tails of bigger brother MDX. I would've thought a lower price point for the RDX to separate the 2 cars better.... unless the upcoming redesigned MDX starts at 40K.

·
Registered
26 Posts
From what I understand the RDX will have a sibling made by Honda in the guise of a remodeled CRV, just like the MDX had one called the Pilot.

·
Registered
301 Posts
This was in the NY Times (online) and the writer's take on the RDX:

Is it real? Although Acura CEO John Mendel referred to the RDX as a prototype, it is the actual production version of a concept vehicle that was first shown in 2002, and it will be on sale in the autumn.

What's the point? Acura already has a wonderful sport utility vehicle, the MDX, and the RDX is designed to fit in the crossover segment that’s just below the MDX in size, pricing and features. Acura says a big competitor would be the BMW X3.

The company line: Mr. Mendel said, “In 2005, Acura sold nearly 210,000 units, the strongest sales performance in the history of the brand, clearly placing Acura as one of the leading luxury brands in the United States, with record sales for RL, TL and TSX. We built our success last year by doing what we do best, bring products to market that are forward-thinking and ahead of the competition.”

The view from here: Clearly on a roll, Acura needs a second family transportation wagon to fill out its product line of coupes, sedans and MDX. Acura has packaged all the good stuff into the RDX, and will no doubt price it very competitively.

What makes it tick? The RDX will be powered by the first turbocharged 4-cylinder engine in Acura’s 20-year product history, a 2.3-liter engine making 240 horsepower and 260 foot-pounds of torque. It’s combined in the RDX with a new 5-speed sequential automatic transmission. The steering-wheel mounted shifter paddles are a first for any S.U.V. or crossover. RDX also uses the same Super Handling All Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system used on the Acura RL luxury sedan.

How's It Look? It looks, well, like an Acura truck, with more body sculpting than the flat-sided MDX, a new take on taillamps, and a crisply done, functional interior absolutely jammed with feature content, like all the other senior Acura models. The center console is deep enough and wide enough to securely store a laptop computer.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The CRV-based RDX hints also at how the CRV will go upmarket in its next iteration, ala Rav4.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree

zebelkhan said:

I don't know...I have the tan interior and the orange lights blend so nicely with the interior I am also using a orange/wood background (front end) on my carputer screen as well....:D
I think the color of the interior has a lot to do with how the orange glow looks inside the MO. I also have the tan interior and the orange seems to me a great fit. Probably better than the neon blue in the RDX.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Is the 4-cyl turbo the new trend? Acura RDX and the Mazda CX-7 are using this power plant now.

MO has the CVT as the 'weak link', and I am always concerned with turbos. A lot of heat and presure in a little 4-cyl.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts