Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into attempting to order the 2006 style Bumper Protector?
It seems so much nicer that the rubber add on.
I looked at one close up and imagine it was stuck on there at the fatory.
I've tried here to get a quote but I think the local dealers are still trying to figure out the parts for previous models.

David

·
Registered
470 Posts
DavidBW said:

It seems so much nicer that the rubber add on.
David
I saw the new bumper protector on a 2006 Merlot Murano. I don't like it at all. It stands out too much on that color and I think over time it will become scratched and then look worse. I have the black plastic/rubber protector on my 2005 Platinum SE and blends in really well. It it gets damaged I can replace it for about $25.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
If you are dead set on getting it I would check with another dealership. There is no excuse for them not ordering it for you. Be persistent.

-njjoe

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I thought that the bumper protectors are all the same for all the models. I have WAAG installed in the fron and the rear and I am very happy with them. Or may be you are taking about some other protectors !?!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I think he is referring to the black plastic trim piece that sits on top of the rear bumper, and protects the bumper when loading items into the rear hatch. The '06 models come standard with an aluminum piece in lieu of the plastic piece available on previous models.

-njjoe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts