Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I prepare to "detailing" my 2006 Black Murano baby," the front grill, is that "aluminum?" Sorry for the stupid questions but as I said I am really new at this.

If it is or it isn't, will just plain basic soad suds washing will retain the shine?

The back side by the tail gate, is that metal aluminum? Again, will basic soap sud cleaning will be sufficient?

I just want to prevent any "Mother"s product to be spilled on those areas as I prepare my Murano for cleaning.

:(

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo-

The front grill is NOT aluminum. It is chrome-plated plastic.

The rear bumper protector is aluminum.

Soap and water will clean the car. What kind of soap do you intend to use? Dawn dishwashing soap will remove wax, which is good or bad depending on what you are trying to accomplish. For the very first wash, using Dawn is good to remove waxes and dirt. Rinse the car very well.

Do NOT let the water dry on the car. You will leave water spots on the car if you let it air dry. It is best to use a clean chamois or a clean, white cotton towel to absorb the excess water.

Check the threads in the Detailing section of this forum for other tips and suggestions.

-njjoe

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe the front grill is plastic but the rear peice is metal. I would only use car wash soap to do the washing. That way you know it's safe.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the new large microfiber towels are also amazing when drying the car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Agreed with the others:

1) Grill is chrome plated plastic

2) When washing the car, make sure you have microfiber towels available. Go to Costco... they sell a large package at a good price. Microfiber towels will not scratch your paint. Make sure you turn them often to avoid scratching (debris in the towel) and wring-out water when saturated.

3) After you wash your car and rinse off the soap, turn down the water pressure and run water over the body in sheets. This will let water tension take off a huge amount of water. Then break out those microfiber towels and take off the remaining beads of water.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts