Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From nissannews.com:

To maintain Murano’s fresh look in 2006, Nissan adds several refinements, including two new colors.

Enhancements to the 2006 Murano:
· New wheel design and restyled front grille
· Brushed aluminum roof rail (SE)
· Chrome accent lower front bumper
· Chrome accent fog lamp rings and side sills (SL, SE)
· Brushed aluminum rear bumper protector
· LED rear combination lamps
· Enhanced driver instrumentation to improve both daytime and nighttime visibility
· 7-inch LCD color display standard on all models
· Audio system adds the ability to play mp3 CDs
· Illuminated steering wheel controls
· Added Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
· RearView Monitor standard on SL and SE
· New Leather Package
· New interior color – Hazelnut, and new exterior colors – Sunset Red and Brilliant Silver

Sounds like some nice improvements - no pics up yet. :)

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
AWESOME ..... i think i am taking my 03 back for sure now....
all i could think of in improving the lovely MO......

·
5,244 Posts
I take the LED's and LCD!

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if they're going to bump up the price? Perhaps just turning a few options (like backup camera) into standard features? Hopefully they'll still provide the base model stuff, like cloth seats.

I'm really curious as to what the grill will look like.

FINALLY a stereo that will support mp3 format. Are they the last car company to switch over? :p

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
I am excited on the followings:

1. restyled front grille
2. Enhanced driver instrumentation to improve both daytime and nighttime visibility
3. 7-inch LCD color display standard on all models

If i like all those, it maybe worth to trade in :4:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Nissan read our message board. :p

Good changes from what I see. The MP3 capability is awesome. Some of the enhancements appear to be something that can be added to our older Muranos.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's a very interesting list, some pretty cool stuff there.

I'm extremely curious to see the new grill and wheels.

Not sure I want chrome on the lower front bumper (for example, I really don't like the chrome on the front of the new Jetta), hafta see it I guess...

I wonder what the "enhanced" instrumentation means...

What I'm *really* hoping for is to be able to get Glacier Pearl with the Charcoal interior, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was hoping we might also see some of the handling mods/improvements that showed up in the Euro model... :confused:

Edit: Also wanted to say nice find, gstyve01, I've been googling "2006 murano" for the past few weeks to dig up any scrap of new info, but you scooped me! :)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Lots of "pimp" here. I wish they would get rid of the bright metal they have instead of adding more! Grille, door handles, trim...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
bahhh now i'm angry at myself and my dad for not holding out. i wanna see the new rims and hope the new led tails will be compatible with the old MO's. swappin out the roof rails also haha.

still no bluetooth though.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Corin said:
FINALLY a stereo that will support mp3 format. Are they the last car company to switch over? :p
I doubt it. My 04 mbz CD changer does not play mp3 either :mad:

·
4,601 Posts
Where's the beefed up transfer case?

I see some good stuff and I see some fluff. Have to see what the wheels look like, don't want more chrome, black roof rails are better, but most of it is a step in the right direction.

Maybe the new radio will be able to receive artist and title on FM as well... MP3 capability? "Wow, what an idea!" (Quote from 1997)

I'm curious to see what it looks like. I might even buy another one... Or a new 3 series BMW, or an MB, or an SRT8 Charger, or a...

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would expect October availability.

Sunset red sounds nice.

I'm also interested to see the new grille and LED lights.... hopefully compatible with the older Mo's

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
At the risk of getting crucified (again) over my belief that the Murano "concept" is a copy of other SUVs, here is my opinion.
Sight unseen, it sounds like the Murano is continuing to copy the Lexus RX300/330.
The lights, the brightwork............

NOT that that is bad!
The rear lights on the Lexus have been cooler than the samo-samo lights on the Murano for some time.

Certainly the inclusion of the color screen is a "good thing".
The grill? well it needed replacing, but what could they have possibly come up with to follow their direction of more bling? That could be scary.
MP3? About time.
Wheels? Hmmmn. Not needed IMO, but we shall see. Probably more bling........
Back up camera? I like it.

But nothing of "substance"? Hmmmmmmn.
Well, I won't be a buyer under any conditions but I hope the visuals are better than my minds eye has them just to sustain the breed.

Homer

·
Registered
25 Posts
gstyve01 said:
· Audio system adds the ability to play mp3 CDs
· Illuminated steering wheel controls
Clearly Nissan was waiting for me to make a purchase before adding these items. If had purchased a 2004, everyone would have had them a year earlier... :D

I wonder if the new stereo will be swapable with the existing, or if the interface/other components will be different. Of course it would probably be a million dollars to purchase separately...

I know the NAV hardware has changed too. I emailed Zenrin to find out of the 6.4 update this year would have the new look shown in the Nissan 2006 NAV manual. They responded and said 2006 Nissan vehicles will be equipped with new hardware and will get a new (different) version of the software. 6.4 will contain map and POI updates only, no changes to the map or interface look. :(

1 - 20 of 54 Posts