Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm beginning to dislike the fuel cover (if that's the name for it). When I am at the service station to fill my fuel tank, I have to really put some muscle and twist the cover to open and twist it again to close. I'm sure in the long run, the cord that is attached to the cover will eventually break. My pettite wife will surely have a hard time opening the fuel cover.
:eek:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo-

I assume you mean the fuel filler cap, yes?

I don't recall having any difficulty with the cap, but then I have opened it maybe once or twice. Here in New Jersey it is illegal for us to pump our own gas.

You may have a bad cap. Next time you're at the dealer, ask him for a new one. It's relatively cheap, so hopefully he'll replace it without giving it a second thought.

-njjoe

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think you have a bad cap.. My '06 is fine... I wish though there was more security for the cap. May have to buy one of those locking caps...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
raycie said:
I think you have a bad cap.. My '06 is fine... I wish though there was more security for the cap. May have to buy one of those locking caps...
Raycie-

How much more security do you need? The fuel door locks when the car is locked.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
jace said:
just get one of these (see attached)

Linky
has anyone tried one of these? Does it work as advertised?

I know some of the newer concept cars have systems like this completely built-in, but I've never heard any comments from people who actually had this type of system.

·
I know, I know, pull over
72 Posts
I used one of these on my '87 Jeep, and it worked great (as anyone who has ever owned a YJ Wrangler will tell you how much of a PITA the license plate/gas cap can be), but then again, the Jeep was carb'd. I'm not sure how well this will work on newer OBDII vehicles (my Blazer would throw a SES code if the gas cap wasn't on tight enough). For $13, it might be worth a try if the gas cap really bothers you that much...

·
Registered
67 Posts
[
Raycie-

How much more security do you need? The fuel door locks when the car is locked.

-njjoe [/B]
What do you mean? All I have to do with my '06 is push on the right side of the cover and there is some sort of push button action that secures the cover. (click-lock, click-unlock) Then there is just the cap.
Did they change something on the '06?

DON'T ANSWER ME TILL MY WIFE COMES BACK WITH THE MO... THEN I'LL RE-EXAMINE... (DON'T WANT TO LOOK STUPID....TOO OFTEN...HEHEHE)

·
5,244 Posts
raycie

youe are perfectly right. It is simple "push" action. However, if you lock your car the cap cover is locked as well! So you are or rather your tanks is secure.;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Figures

Figures as much...

Who would have even known... I don't lock the car when I go get gas...

And I don't want anyone to tell me that it was in the manual... :3:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: Figures

raycie said:
And I don't want anyone to tell me that it was in the manual... :3:
Raycie-

Don't sweat it. There is no need to even open the manual. Whatever you could ever possibly need to know about the MO is posted somewhere here in this forum. :D

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The gas cap should not be too difficult to remove. If its noticeably "stuck" then I wouldn't even have the dealer look at it, I would just get another gas cap (its not worth the aggravation of having to "demonstrate" the problem to the dealer, who will no doubt dismiss it as normal). If the new gas cap is also difficult to remove, then its possible your gas tank is building up excessive pressure (evap system not working right). In such a case, the ECU might actually store a code (but strangely, not turn on the check engine light).

·
5,244 Posts
From here, I mean Atlanta it looks great!

Seriously what is wrong with it? If you have problems with unscrewing it go a dealer. I have had Murano for almost 3 years and I do not have such problem. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts