Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2006 Murano drove absolutely fine and never had any transmission issues or anything previously. The car battery died, and when I finally got it jumped the car immediately went into limp mode. The car has given off P1778 for Step Motor Function, then it gave error P0840 - fluid press solenoid A and error P0845 - fluid press solenoid B.

I am an American living in Prague, CZ and so as a foreignor everyone is telling me they can't work on it unless i buy a new transmission although I know it's not the issue.

Is it possible for a weak battery to cause such issues. The problem here is that the car seems to be stuck in 2nd or 3rd or the fact the car will rev up and can sometimes reach 70mph(when tested by car mechanic from Nissan actually) but there is a whinning sound. I drove it fine the day before about 150 miles up and back with no problem. I can be going 40pm but the RPM is getting close to 3000rpm. The strange thing, unlike most limp modes is that the car can rev past 3000rpm and could even go to 5000rpm, but I don't want to damage the car. The car even has pickup still when pulling off?

Is it possible a weak or bad battery or some blown fuse can cause such problems? I drove the car, it was parked and turned off, so I can only think of something electrical but to have CVT Transmission issues due to a dead battery is quite frustrating.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Strange things can occur with today's computer controlled cars when the battery starts to run low. If everything was absolutely fine before the battery died, then maybe try resetting everything by removing the negative battery overnight. No guarantee, just something to try...

Another possibility is that maybe a surge was went through the electrical system when you jump-started it and fried some of the computer modules... You need to be especially careful jump-starting modern computer controlled vehicles...

Also make sure your battery and alternator are healthy, have the battery load tested and the alternator's output check. Make sure your battery terminals are totally free of corrosion and snug.

Reactions: Pilgrim
1 - 2 of 2 Posts