Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I am a newbie but here I go....

I just bought a 2006 Superblack AWD S Murano.
I got a super deal on it from a fleet wholesaler. But unfortunately, I was not able to customize any of the features.

My main goal is to install IPOD audio to the MO. I looked into the PAC Aux Audio AAI-NIS solution and I believe that still seems to be my best choice?

My new MO came with a color screen... does anyone know if this is as good of the quality of the NAV screen? Has anyone modded a PC or XBOX to this?

I live in the Miami area and I am pretty handy... however if someone has a solution with the existing NON-NAV new color 06 MO screen or can do some type of carputer or XBOX package for me, I am interested.

I have had the car two weeks and have already started these mods:

1) Changed seats out to leather - cafe latte. ($1,000)

2) Front window Tints. ($100)

3) Purchased a Homelink /Compass / Auto Dim Rear view off of Ebay with wiring harness. ($150 - great deal)

4) Purchased Altima fog light kit off of EBay. Generic switch. ($100)

5) Still debating whether to add to the Roof Rack.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
ucfjoey-

Nice start!

How'd you go about upgrading the seats to leather?

I would have loved to have gotten the leather interior, but I could not handle the reduced headroom that came with the mandatory sunroof. I would love to upgrade the front seats to leather.

-njjoe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it to a leather place in Miami called MILOS - he orders the leather from the top supplier in the country. I was very happy with the color match, looks almost as good as factory.

The leather is specially made to fit the seats correctly and includes airbag pockets for the seats as well as the door linings.

·
Registered
763 Posts
njjoe - Did you try a sunroof? I'm 6' 3" & long in the body & don't have any problem with the clearance. I can't wear a hat like I can in my Nav but most cars & trucks don't allow me to anyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Show some pics of your interior! I too went with after market leather from the dealer for ~1100. Quality is OK at best but not like factory. Problem is that only the seating surfaces are leather and the rest vinyl; which matches so so. Rear seat even have less leather. I guess you get what you pay for.

Since you have the S w/o the convenience package you should go for the 8-way seat mod. Assuming the 2 extra motors are still present in the 06 like the 05.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Way to Go

You are on the way. Or should I say Mod - A - Way

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the encouragement everybody. K_garten Your diagram for the fog lights and the relays was great and easy.

About the 8-way seat mod - i saw in another post you came up with a $20 workaround... can you give me more info on this and tell me what exactly you did or send me the link where I can check that out?

Below are some pics of my leather: (Notice the aftermarket leather came with Seat Air Bag ready stiching and Tag, front seat pockets in the rear, and I also had the doors redone with leather too)

The 06 requires a bezel for the fog lights which costs $50 so a friend of mine cut the plastic covers that orginally were protecting the fog lamp area and I am using those as my bezels instead of spending $50 each. The nice thing about the Bezels is they are chrome while I am just using the black plastic to prevent any dirt or mudd from getting on the lamps? Have you heard of anybody doing anything else? Below is a PIC of the custom bezel i made from cutting the plastic cover that was in place before I put in the Fog Lamps.

Thanks.
Joe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
ucfjoey-

They did a GREAT job with the leather. It looks fantastic in the photos.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
ucfjoey

why didnt you just but the car with leather seat? how much did it cost you for your leather seat and door panel? i live in sc but drive to fl once in awhile. btw nice job on the car

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Is the aftermarket leather dyed all the way through, or surface dyed like the OEM. How soft is it compared with the OEM? Is it all leather, or just the seating surfaces, like the OEM? Who was the mfgr?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the leather for $1000 aftermarket. Can't beat that over paying an extra 3-4 G's for the SL.

I did not get new seats, they were just redone with a leather surface. The existing service cloth was removed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fog Lights

UCF,

Where can I get the wiring harness for the fog lights, I already purchased the altima fog lights from ebay but am not sure what else I might need to install.:1:

·
Registered
243 Posts
damn, that looks just like my standard leather that I got in my murano...great job!! does the S model have a rearview camera standard also?? a friend asked me, but i didn't know ..so i said "no, just the SL and SE." hjeheeh

·
Registered
420 Posts
NELSON said:
does the S model have a rearview camera standard also?? a friend asked me, but i didn't know ..so i said "no, just the SL and SE." hjeheeh
You are correct. The rearview camera is not available on the "S" model.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought my wiring harness from

http://www.nissanparts.org

I used K_garten's model to connect the fog lights to headlights.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=66440#post66440

Yes... i got a really good deal on the leather. It looks like it was factory and like it came with the car. The seats have a couple wrinkles were you sit but thats normal with leather whether factory or not.

No... I do not know of a rear camera option with a S Murano or I think any Non-Nav murano. I think you NAV for rear camera, but I am not positive. I think you need the better display with extra video inputs to do video, and that does not come with the basic S display.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts