Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Murano Pics!

Pictures of the 2006 Murano are now out and posted on the Nissan News website!

2006 Murano

I'll post three of them here. The first one shows the "redesigned" front grill. Frankly, the redesign looks pretty minimal to me. It looks like they just added a few more "teeth" to the grin. Personally, I like the design of the grill, but I was kinda looking forward to a more dramatic change.

The next picture is of the back of the car, showing the LED tail lights and a rear bumper protector...maybe it will be standard now.

And finally a shot of the interior, showing the instrument cluster. You can't see it in this picture, but another shot on the website shows the head unit more closely with "MP3" clearly labeled on it. What I don't see is a SAT button. What happened to the SAT button???

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ehh i thought the wheels would be better but there not. NISSAN THE MO NEEDS 20's!!!!!!! i like the new grill and the guages look awesome. and the aluminum bumper step pad is sweet. the led tails could be better. not impressive enough to trade in. maybe i'll get the step pad. dosn't look like the tails are retrofitable. notice that there is a wireless sat antenna in the middle of the roof. pretty cool.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice find! Been very anxious to see what's up.

A few initial impressions:

-- Not in love with the wheels. At all. Maybe the SL wheels will be cooler. I prefer both current wheel designs to this new one.

-- That barely qualifies as a grill "redesign". I was thinking of something more dramatic as well.

-- Don't like the little lip on the bumper around the fog lamps, the current bumper is cleaner and looks better. I do kinda like the chrome rings tho...this one's a wash.

-- Can't quite tell what color the gauge faces are with the lights being on in the photos. I've never been a fan of the orange faces, so this looks pretty cool.

-- LED tails...hmm, I dunno, I'm not blown away, I guess I need to see 'em in person.

-- Like the rear bumper protector.

-- Chrome lower front bumper and rocker bars don't look too obnoxious, have to see them in person and on a darker color to be sure. That front bumper had me worried, coming from the company that put those horrible chrome pieces on the Titan's front bumper...but this seems alright.

Now we need package and pricing info, and info on the new colors and interior/exterior color combos. Still hoping for Glacier Pearl with the Charcoal interior...

·
Registered
470 Posts
The gauges are very similar to the Infiniti's with amber numerals on a dark background. The new grill is very similar but I think an improvement. The new wheels are similar to the Infiniti's wheels.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Me likey the instrument panel of the 06..

I really like this.
Next project: retrofit this instrument panel to my 03?? :4:

Attachments

·
5,244 Posts
I agree, I do like the look of instrument cluster.........it would look awesome at night……..and not only……

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Me likey the instrument panel of the 06..

SugarRushMurano said:
I really like this.
Next project: retrofit this instrument panel to my 03?? :4:

That was what I was thinking. Pretty minor changes overall though. Thanks TexinFla for posting the pics!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I also notice the new rear bumper protector (it does look nicer) and the chromed side rail runners beneath the doors (kind of guady). The chrome rings around the front fogs look like they came off an Altima and they added some odd looking metallic looking "rings" around the climate control dials.

At first glance the new guages look nice but the large letters on the fuel and temp guages look out of proportion with the rest of the dash.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, I sure won't be looking to trade in my '05 MO for an '06.

The only change that I like on the '06 is the switch to LED tail lights.

I like the look of the gauges and the chrome wheels on my '05 a LOT better than the new ones on the '06's.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Grille

Is it just me or does the grille appear to be a gunmetal color similar to Mo in To's wheel mod. Maybe it is just the lighting.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Well, the grill changes are very subtle, but I definitely like it better than the previous one. Looks a little less like a clown smile. Still prefer my stainless Z style though.

Love the instrument cluster! If someone successfully does a switch-over, I might consider it as well.

The LED lights seem very weird. I don't like how pronounced the little dots are. Have to see in person. And I wish that they would put yellow turn signals for the rear. Always has been a pet peeve of mine.

I don't care too much about wheels, but having just rotated mine for the first time last night (SL) and realizing how much of a pain it is to have the recessed lug nuts (both for removal, installation, and cleaning) it looks like these are easier.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Most likely only subtle changes until a major redesign somewhere in 2008. They'll keep tweaking here and there and adding a few new bells and whistles, but no structural changes for a while.

I do like the instrumentation and lighting.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I like the changes. Note the area around the fogs... a change there a little nicer and the bottom of bumper slight changes too. Nice.

Over all a big thumbs up for Nissan.

Now the question is.... will that frount grill fit 03-05 models and how much in that incstrument cluster? I bet it would be fairly easy to swap it out.

·
4,601 Posts
The gunmetal colour was seen on the Japanese Murano, if I recall correctly, so it exists. It may be on this one too, or maybe they put it on certain colours, just like painting the "skid plate" on certain colours and not others.

Looking at the pictures is like playing "Where's Waldo"...

I'm sure I've missed things, and most of them have been identified above, but to make it a bit easier....

The Front:

- Aluminum roof rack (Looks good on the silver, not sure I would want it on the Copper)
- Tweak of the grill styling softens the style a little. I like it, but I also like the existing one.
- Metal ring around the fog light (Easy upgrade, especially for those that have had theirs broken. I've had rocks smash two, so far...)
- I like the wheels, and they look like they may be a bit cheaper to make, as they don't have the large center cover of the previous SE wheels
- Metal accent on lower grill opening and sides. (I don't dislike them, but I like it better without.) Again, depends on the look you like and the colour, if they're good or bad.

The Rear:

- Sat antenna is body coloured. Helps it blend in better. Did they poke a hole for the antenna wire?
- LED Taillights. I'm curious to see them closer and on. I like the look of the original one a little bit better, but I'm sure the LED's look good.
- Aluminum bumper guard. I'm sure it will scrape up, just like the one inside, but it links in with the styling of the inside one, better.

Interior:

- Aluminum cover on bottom part of shift knob is a bit different.
- Door handles are Chrome. (I've seen Nissan do this before with other models, once they were 2-3 years old.)

Instruments:

- Same instruments, but blacked out the entire face instead of just bottom part, and added silver ring around the edge with rpm and speed markings.

There's a fair bit of reflected light off the faces in this picture, so they don't look as black as I suspect they are. This is great for those that hate the mostly orange instruments. I actually like the orange better, but that's such a personal preference thing, there is no right or wrong. No doubt, these look great too!

Radio Pod:

- They've moved radio functions around, to add things as well as make it more intuitive (I suspect).
- RADIO button will select AM/FM/SAT so no SAT button needed. It also removes SAT from the buttons so the sales people don't have to make up explanations for those that don't have/want the SAT function.
- Where's the "MUTE/PAUSE gone?
- Functions added for MP3 navigation (FOLDER)
- DISP button instead of pushing the audio button. I would expect that the RDS implementation is better and this will help select what you see in FM, as well as SAT modes.
- Chrome accent on joystick and climate controls

Here's the previous version of the radio:

This is in line with what Nissan normally seems to do. Once a model is 2-3 years old, they often do a bit of a facelift, without really changing the underlying vehicle in any drastic way.

Just enough tweaks to get your curiousity and hopefully push new buyers into the new model, instead of picking up a deal on the previous year.

Only thing here that jumps out at me, would be better RDS implementation (if they have indeed done this) and MP3 capabilities. Oh and I'll take the colour display, of course!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
The aluminum bumper guard is gonna get scratched and dinged to death. A factory installed plactic version would have been a better choice.

I have always been a fan of the brushed aluminum accents on the interior and am sad to see them chrome the hack out of the Mo. It looks cheap and shows fingerprints.

Lighted steering wheel controls are a great addition. I was trying to use cruise control (something I rarely use because of traffic) on I-5 in the dark and I had to keep turning on the overhead light to see which button was accel/set/resume etc.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts