Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Is this for 06 for sure? How come there is no mention of "Technology package" which they started using in 2005?

Edit: Never mind. Just saw the "brushed Aluminum roof rail" option which did not exist in 2005.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
I see they're still being assholes about making you get the touring package before you can get the VDC package... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Indeed Corin. I'd probably trade in my Mo to get VDC/ABLS and the seat memory functions, yet I will never accept that darn sun roof nor leather. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks, shappy0869, for posting these prices! I've been waiting for these to be released, and I see that nissannews.com still doesn't have the pricing information posted. Any chance you've got the pricing for the Infiniti FX35 and FX45? I'm planning on getting a new car in the Spring, and I'm debating between another Murano or an FX.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TexInFla said:
Thanks, shappy0869, for posting these prices! I've been waiting for these to be released, and I see that nissannews.com still doesn't have the pricing information posted. Any chance you've got the pricing for the Infiniti FX35 and FX45? I'm planning on getting a new car in the Spring, and I'm debating between another Murano or an FX.
No FX pricing yet, but as soon as Infiniti releases it, I will have it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice work there.

This will be very helpful when going in to make a deal for my 06.

Thanks~!

Not that I'm compaining, but how did you get this and where did it come from?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
beaum said:

So Dealer Net is what they actually pay? Can you explain this a bit more. I'd like to hold my salesman feet to fire a bit.
Yes, this is the amount they actually pay. However, the holdback amount is earmarked to pay for interest and insurance for the first 90 days while the vehicle is on the lot. Since there is no way for you to know how long a car has sat, the only way you can really expect to get any of the holdback money (or have the dealer take it into account) is if you either order a vehicle or buy it right as it is coming off of the transporter.

If either of these was the case, then the holdback amount becomes profit for the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nissan's holdback is 2% of MSRP or Total Invoice. :confused:

Edmunds has it as Total Invoice.
Autobytel has it as MSRP.

Also, having an idea of the holdback is good but I wouldn't mention it unless the dealership pulls the 'ol "we're not making any money on this sale" line. That'll pretty much shut them down.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
And safecarguide has it as 2% of Total Invoice with an additional 1% of total invoice for floor plan

http://www.safecarguide.com/gui/neg/holdback.htm

BTW safecarguide is an affilate of autobytel.

Who's to know for sure?

I can say that when I worked for Berge Ford in Tempe Ariz many moons ago, there were other "plans" that allowed even more money to trickle back to the dealer.
Special model promotions, Volume discounts, etc.

And of course they make no money.
That's why AutoNation has purchased 21 different automobile dealerships in the Dallas Ft worth area ALONE.
Just goes to show how dumb AutoNation is.

Homer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts