Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Not all that positive. Sounds like the purchase price is creeping up, one way or another. If those other guys (the one mentioned) are truly as cheap as indicated things might get rough for the MO.

IMO, I think the Mo is still a better bargain and not so girlie as the others (probably why the family member (young woman was not impressed with the style, not girly enough.)

A lot of cost can be controlled if AWD and SE are eliminated. IF you really go off roading that is one thing, and to be honest probably eliminates the Mo from contention of being the BEST off roader. But if you are really an on roader but if you just have to drive in some winter snow the FWD will save money, Tranny loads and transfer case problem potentials.

So all in all I still think the MO is the Go. I don't thnk there was much substance in the review more impressions not based on much true comparative measurements.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't know where they got their pricing info from. First of all, '06 pricing has not been released to dealers yet, let alone the public.

Second, the S model is certainly less than $30K.

Third, the weight of the Murano is less than 4000lbs. Base weight is around 3800lbs and would only eclipse 4000lbs if you had a completely loaded SE AWD model. In fact, the Murano is one of the lightest CUV's (Cross-Over Utility Vehicle) in the segment. Even the smaller X3 outweighs it. That is part of the reason it gets such [relatively] good fuel economy.

As for the higher lift-over, sure it is higher than perhaps a mini-van or car. But for me, the higher lift-over is actually a plus. It is a much better height for doing a diaper change or even organizing cargo than having to bend down in other vehicles.

Geez, I didn't realize I was so passionate about a vehicle I don't even own (and am still debating with myself on whether I should get it).;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Odd review I think...I probably have the 2006 suspension and think it is about the best there is on a suv/cov....Very good handling at both high and low speeds...A high lift over point? It's a suv what you expect? And I agree, it is perfect for changing nappies! Or not having to bend down to find something in your bag....
Same segment in price as the RX and XC90, hmm surely not even in the US as otherwise you are comparing top spec to bottom of the range spec...

·
Registered
9 Posts
2006 Murano....

I have phoned my dealer in Grande Prairie about the 2006 and the option to play MP3's !!!.
He will inform me if one is available and I am thinking of swapping the center console to get the MP3 option.
I am "still" bummed out about this misfortune in my 2005 and hope we can fix it this way.
Meanwhile my dealer is "reasing" me about trading in my 2005 for a 2006...
Don't think so since I love my car and I have the ext waranty etc.

Did anyone have the 2006 already? Just wondering if the color display will also show a playlist...

Still here....

Pim

·
4,601 Posts
Wow, looks like a clear case of someone who thinks he knows what he's talking about, but doesn't and is very opinionated.

(He should be on this forum!)

But seriously, I was amused by the SUV's tip over thing, yet he doesn't talk about the Murano's placement of wheels and the stability that adds, plus he over looks VDC at that point. Calling it an Altima station wagon is an over simplification of what the vehicle is.

There's an assumption on his part that SUV owners do not want a sporty ride, as he, up front, calls this a problem.

I immediately saw it as a benefit, when I test drove one.

He says pricing is a problem. I didn't see it that way, as the competing vehicles didn't win against it, for me, regardless of price.

He recommends a more basic version of a Murano, yet most people who have gone that path, seem to regret it in some aspect and wish they had spent the extra money to get a loaded one.

Wow, you can get the Ford Escape Hybrid for less. (Yeeeeecccchhh...)

"Although the all wheel drive model does not have a low range transfer case, the differential can lock..." This is more proof this reveiwer is clueless. It's a vehicle for the road, not the trail and the diff's don't lock. He means the transfer case, but wow, if you're going to a review to guide other people, please know WTF you're talking about.

"Stereo buttons are too small..." Huh? I though he must have been smoking something when he wrote that one.

He does point out the poor FM reception, which we can blame on the stylish, yet useless antenna.

It does appear his learning curve for the controls is rather slow. I don't have any issues with those either.

I laughed when he knocked the horn. Mine's fine, anyone else have a problem with the horn?

I'm surprised he recognised the rear seating is great. I was expecting a slam about the Murano not being built like a small bus and having three rows of seats. (Ah, but he couldn't leave it alone and did mention it later.) That lack of a third row and a roomy second, is one of the things that attracted me to the Murano. As were others that he's positioned as negatives.

Overall, I found the review biased and he certainly started it off on a strange footing and then seemed to moderate it as it went on.

Not a fair, balanced, impartial and well written review.

·
Registered
301 Posts
jaak said:
"Stereo buttons are too small..." Huh? I though he must have been smoking something when he wrote that one.
I think he is probably used to his telephone with the large number buttons that are 2"x2" in size. My grandmother has one. Makes it simple to find the right number and hit the right butten without problem. :2:

·
Registered
124 Posts
SE ride not harsh

Not sure why the review harped so much on the SE's suspension. I have an SE and I don't find it to be a harsh ride at all. If they want a soft cusy ride they should be test driving a Lincoln Town car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts