Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm obviously new to this forum... just bought my first Murano yesterday! Anyway the dealer has no clue about this question, but I need to find out how to hook up XM. I didn't get the premium package, so I'm assuming the Bose head unit doesn't have XM in it. What I don't want is to have an external unit mounted to my dash. It's already pre-wired for satellite reception with the antenna on top, but I have no clue what to do or where to begin. I already have an XM subscription on a Sky Fi 2.
I'm just thinking that it would be a waste of the center dash screen if I couldn't run the info through it.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Hi Josh,

First, welcome to the board. Second, if you do a search on this board you will find the answer to all of your questions.

In a nut shell, you will need to buy an OEM XM receiver. You can install it yourself if you are handy (it goes behind the back seat) and if your car already has the XM antenna mounted on top like you say then you are ready to go. But how can you have the antenna but not the receiver.....this is the first time I am hearing this....or did I misunderstand you?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
How can the dealer not know about this???? They is used on other Nissan models. As zebelkhan said... look here and ye shall find all answers.

Welcome and enjoy your new MO... get used to sore facial muscels from smiling so much. I am still smiling in mine.... and it has nothing to do with the XM comedy channels. :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply!

I have been looking through the threads and have seen some helpful info. The factory Bose stereo does not have the SAT function on it...just preset A-B-C/CD/Radio/Tape...but it is prewired with an antenna.

But, I just got off the phone with the dealer and they said (as most of you have written!) all i need is the satellite received and it will run through my LCD screen from one of the FM functions rather than a SAT function!

Would you recommend the unit from grubbsperformance.com or the dealer?

From what they're telling me the 2006 Bose system pre-wired is different than previous years.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
birddogg,

I think that you are mistaking - like most of us orginally - the radio antenna towards the middle front of the roof with a sat antenna. The OEM sat antenna lools like a disk and is located in the rear roof area.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
From what I understand 06 HU controls are different from the earlier ones. Instead of a dedicated SAT buttom, the combo switch that switches between radio, tape, and CD will also switch to SAT if it detects it. So you will not see the words SAT on any buttons in a 06.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Biggun, that's what I was assuming.
So Zebel, i hate being a pain in the ass on this but a few more questions...

(My Nissan dealership just was baought up by a Chevrolet dealership and they fired everyone that was originally there! That's why nobody knows anything!)

They told me that the Nissan XM unit will run me about $360 dollars, and it will run through my existing LCD screen.

From what I've seen on the forums I need a Nissan Part # 999U9 NV003. Is that sound correct?
The unit on GrubbsPerformance isn't the same number and is about 1/3 of the Nissan price.

Where do you guys recommend buying one from, I'd rather support a forum member or affiliate if I can.

Thanks again!

-Josh

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I actually do not have the OEM sat but from what I have read the system that grubbsperformance.com sells is the same thing. You will need the receiver and the antenna. I would call them up and confirm fit before ordering just to be sure. Once you get the parts, there is a thread here that has pictures of the whole install....

Good luck...:)

P.S. Is $360 installed?

You will need the OEM kit:

http://www.grubbsperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=MuranoAudio

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep that's it...I was overlooking it at first.
Hopefully it works out.

Thanks a lot for the help!

-Josh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts