Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 murano transfer case problems
Howzit everybody.... so I had a few questions for u all. I ended up buying a secondhand 06 SL AWD Murano with about 133,000 miles now, in good shape almost a year ago. I’ve had a couple problems here and there but since getting this car I’ve already changed the alternator and after that everything’s been running fine until about a month ago I was driving and I heard a screaming noise then a tapping noise while I was driving. I didn’t know wat the noise was I thought it was a wheel bearing that needed to be changed. So I ended up taking it to a shop to get it changed, I ended up getting a call from them saying that it’s not the wheel bearing it’s the transfer case and apparently it’s a common problem for these cars. The mechanic told me there’s a transmission shop across the street but I didn’t want to take my car there because I didn’t have the money to fix it so I just towed it home. I was going to try and drive it home but the car was dying out when I went to pick it up, so I couldn’t drive it home. I towed it home and when I got it home I charged the battery, put it in and it would start up, but once I pull off the positive battery terminal the car would die out, we changed the alternator like 6 months ago.
so why is it doing this??? Do I have to change the alternator again????
The brake light and the battery light doesn’t stay on like how it was before we changed the alternator. The car starts up can run the AC and my sounds and drive but only for a little while then the lights start flickering.
But the other question I had should I buy a secondhand transfer case and fix it or should I just get rid of this car and sell it???
I call the transmission shop and asked how much would it be to swap out the part and he told me $700 but I still gotta get the part. So I went looking on amazon and the part is about $700. But I still have to save up for all of it.
So the question really is should I keep this car and try to fix it or try to sell it and buy me another car???????
(I will post pics later)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi did you resolve the problem on your murano?
I own a 2009 murano and sounds like it’s having the same problems, currently still in a shop, replaced the alternator twice so far and still keep getting all the flashing lights on the das etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
meli
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing