Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,818 Posts
That's a very nice set of NTSC color bars!

Reactions: markayash

·
Super Moderator
1,311 Posts
Try removing the negative battery cable for a few minutes. It might let the radio reset. Looks like it's in some kind of test mode.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try removing the negative battery cable for a few minutes. It might let the radio reset. Looks like it's in some kind of test mode.

Good luck.

Have a good day.
No luck. Disconnected battery for 20mins. Still showing colour bars. Checked all fuses and they seem to be intact

·
Super Moderator
1,311 Posts
No luck. Disconnected battery for 20mins. Still showing colour bars. Checked all fuses and they seem to be intact
Best bet is a used unit. Make sure it's a working before you pluck down your pesos.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,315 Posts
If it's the stock radio then you can do a self-diagnosis of the A/V Navigation system right from the radio controls that tests the links between each of the control units and reports any diagnostic errors. See pages 95-97 of the service manual for your car linked below (see "Audio, Visual and Navigation System" file).

https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

Reactions: MuranoSL2003

·
Super Moderator
1,311 Posts
The screen he's shown looks like one of the test screens when going thru the diagnostics. Seeing that screen at startup doesn't give me much hope that he will be able to get into the service menu.

All car head units go thru a quick self test when starting, usually hidden behind a black/blank screen. When the unit hangs for any reason while booting, it will usually show the results of the last passed test, for diagnostic purposes.

After pulling the power, being that a screen test is one of the first functions after power, my guess is something on the main board is gone. More likely a capacitor/s have swollen, or there's corrosion at some spot in the radio.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't know jack about this display. Any chance there's a recessed button somewhere on the perimeter or back of the unit that you push in with a paperclip to restore to default settings or just reset everything? Or, is there a button-combo you have to hold down for a certain amount of time to reset the system?

EDIT: Not sure why, but I'm unable to open those service manuals right now. Never had a problem before. There's a thread here about resetting something, and I was trying to see if it's the same thing ineedcoffee was pointing to in those pages that I can't read. The procedure in another thread is...

1. Start the engine.
2. Turn the audio system OFF.
3. While pressing the “SETTING” button, turn the volume control
dial clockwise or counterclockwise for 40 clicks or more. (When
the self-diagnosis mode is started, a short beep will be heard.)

• Shifting from current screen to previous screen is performed
by pressing the “BACK” button.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm unable to open those service manuals right now.
Are you still unable, it is helpful to have them available, it is probably worth it to figure that out. When there is a section that I haven't already I download I click the two right arrows (>>) in the upper right to download the pdf, as it is much easier for me to read compared to trying to read it online. If you still can't get that online viewer working reply and I'll convert a few pages to jpg for you.
The procedure in another thread is...
Not the procedure you are looking for.
That is likely for a 2009,
For the 2006 it begins like:
1. Start the engine.
2. Turn the audio system OFF.
3. While pressing the “4” button, turn the volume control dial clock-
wise or counterclockwise for 30 clicks or more. (When the self-
diagnosis mode is started, a short beep will be heard.)
● Shifting from current screen to previous screen is performed
by pressing “BACK” button.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,315 Posts
I use that site a lot to look up info for other people's cars and I have noticed that periodically the links just don't work (...I just tried and was able to access it). However, this is the Internet and sites/links/documents can disappear so I would recommend that one download every section for their own car just in case.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I was able to open the links now. Have not been able to when I tried the past couple of days, just to see if I could.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I use that site a lot to look up info for other people's cars and I have noticed that periodically the links just don't work (...I just tried and was able to access it). However, this is the Internet and sites/links/documents can disappear so I would recommend that one download every section for their own car just in case.
I downloaded them all months ago. The mistake I made was renaming all the PDFs to something that was easy to recognize. Unfortunately, in doing so, it prevents links within a PDF that reference other PDFs to open, so you can't see what you're trying to see. Just a "file not found" kind of thing. So, I downloaded them all again and left their original names mixed in with my custom named ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts