Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you able to hear the gas swishing underneath the Murano? I wonder if they moved it up? With the radio off, I can hear the gas moving back and forth, kinda annoying.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The tank shield probably reflects the sound upward to the floor.

Homer

·
Registered
186 Posts
payton5812 said:
Are you able to hear the gas swishing underneath the Murano? I wonder if they moved it up? With the radio off, I can hear the gas moving back and forth, kinda annoying.
Nah. The only thing I can hear is the irritating squeaky brake pedal which I hope will be fixed by tomorrow.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Is it the gas or the engine water in the heating core like in the 03 model?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
dmako said:
Is it the gas or the engine water in the heating core like in the 03 model?
On my 03 I can hear both. Its obvious where it comes from - front is heater core, and back is gas. I can only hear the gas splashing around when I do a sudden stop while backing up, and only after a warm start (on a cold start the idle speed is high so the engine noise drowns it out).

Off topic but I had my 03 into the dealer today for the seat belt and fuel tank shield recall. Looked at an 06 on the showroom floor and I love how they added soft lining to the roof pillars (its ugly hard plastic on my 03).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got back from a 700 mile trip and never heard the swishing. I was towing for most of it but about 100 was just country tooling and straightening out the road:) Do love the way the Murano reacts in Manual mode around 4k rpm's though.

Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts