Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it was mentioned that the wiring for the 2006 sat radio is behind the driver seat? Seems odd to me, but can someone confirm this? I want to install it myself, but am a bit cautious to. If this is true, do I need to get behind the radio at all then? The dealership wants to charge about 450 to do the job.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The sat harness isn't located behind the driver's seat. It should be coiled up next to the amp, which is behind the back seat on the passenger side. The sat tuner goes behind the back seat on the driver's side. You can see some pictures of these locations here (just ignore the pictures showing the installation of the sat harness....that's already been done for you at the factory).

There should be no need to get behind the head unit. Once you connect the sat harness to the tuner and install the antenna, you should be good to go. Even if the $450 price the dealership quoted you includes the cost of the tuner and the antenna, it sounds a little steep. You're basically paying $150-200 for the installation labor, but I'd be willing to bet you could do it yourself and save that money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't sound too bad then, especially with not having to mess with the head unit. Dealer is offering to sell just the parts for around 240 bucks, good deal?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Grubbs (where I got my tuner and antenna) is showing the Sirius tuner for $194 and the antenna for $39.95. I don't see the XM tuner on their site, but it might be available if you call them. The only difference, perhaps, is that you'll get three months of free service and free activation if you buy through Grubbs. I'm not sure that your dealer is offering that deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have another question, and I do apologize if it has been answered already. We just got delivery on our Murano last night and haven't had much of a chance to play with it. Did Nissan remove the SAT buttion on the 2006 head units? Or am I just missing it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Things actually turned out for the best. We were making the dealership take out the after market XM radio from my 2005 Murano because they wouldn't give us factory for free. Well they decided it would take just as much labor and have to fix the ceiling, so they are putting in the factory satellite free now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2006 + Sat + iPod/external

I've a new 2006 fresh from Japan (custom ordered) without Sat.

I'm looking to install Sirius + External input. Can I do this? Is there enough connections to have both installed? Or, is it one or the other type situation?

What parts do I order? I saw someone used parts from a Titan for their Ipod. I really just need external input as I don't have an ipod, i have another brand MP3 player.

Thanks.

-Mitch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts