Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new, 2006 SL AWD last week. I have the Premium and Touring packages, but no satelite radio. I do have a Sirius Sportster radio with car kit. Is there a way to integrate this into my Murano without using the FM modulator capabilities? I'm thinking that it will never be as seamless as an OEM radio, but I don't want to lose the score alert capabilities of my Sportster. Given that I've had the car for less than a week, any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
The newer Sportster car mounts have a jack for an adapter that you can plug in between the Murano's radio and its antenna.
I checked at Circuit City when we replaced the Boss Lady's Sportster. They have the adapter and you can look at the newer car mounts and yours to see if yours has the appropriate jack.

If so, you can see if you can get to the MO's antenna connection to the head unit without removing the head unit. If not, take a look at the head unit removal instructions in the satellite install threads, unplug the MO's antenna from the head unit, plug the adapter into the head unit, and plug the MO's antenna lead into the adapter.

Make no mistake: this only changes the Sportster-to-FM-radio communication from broadcast to closed circuit. Everything else is the same as you are used to with the Sportster mounted in your other car: you need to select the FM station for the Sportster to send through and you need to tune the MO's FM radio to that station.

The MO's head unit nor the steering wheel controls will control the Sportster. As far as the MO is concerned, the Sportster is just another FM radio station.

So what's the upside? The closed-circuit setup is a BIT clearer than broadcasting through air.

You have to decide if its worth the effort of going into the dash to get a little better signal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts