Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 SL Center Console

Hi Everyone,

I purchased my 2006 SL Brillant Silver / Charcoal Leather interior about 3 weeks ago. And I just noticed something different about it. Does anyone know why there is a difference in the center console? Mine is plain with side opening. I see on the Nissan website and in the Manual that it should be a 2-door flip open on top and chrome edged? I'm trying to find out if different models have different center console?

Thanks for any input you may have!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
karbo888-

The single door style is from the 2003 - 2005 models. The 2006 is supposed to have a new design, with 2 side-by-side doors that open down the middle.

I would check with your dealer and see what the story is. I am not sure which console is better, but regardless, I would want to know why my 2006 MO is missing a standard feature found on other 2006 MOs.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, njjoe. I will call the dealership tomorrow to find out. I did some research some pics on the web and see some 2006 MO's with the old center console. I think there must be a reason for the old style for some. Just a note though, I don't have the DVD entertainment system, if it makes a difference in the center console style.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I don't think its a standard feature, but rather, an option on higher trim lines.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
karbo888-

I pulled out the 2006 sales brochure and the only written reference to the console is a one paragraph write-up with the heading "A new center console?* Or design in motion?" The asterisk refers to a disclaimer that states "Alternate design when equipped with Nissan DVD Entertainment System".

The list of specifications, features and options makes no reference to the armrest storage console.

However, the NissanUSA website lists "Double fold center console with dual level storage" as STANDARD on all three trim levels.

Take this info to the dealer and see what he says.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I called the dealer this morning. He didn't have a clue why I have the old one either. He said he has seen some 06's with the old console and some with the new. So my plan is to stop by the dealer today and check out the new center console and go from there.

I wonder if there is anyone else with 06 MO that has the old center console?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
karbo888-

My guess is Nissan had a supply and/or quality problem with the new-style console and fitted some of the early '06 models with the older-style units.

Again, that is just speculation. I have no facts to back it up.

-njjoe

·
Registered
184 Posts
karbo888,
just to let you know, i have a 06 sl without the dvd, and i have the new (split top) center console. mine was built in nov 05 and delivered to the dealership on dec 05.
i'm just wondering when is yours built?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts