Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy-
I've read some of the earlier posts on this topic and thought it would be a cinch, but the color of wires in my 2006 SL appear to be different than what was described for earlier models.
I have a Modulite kit and need to know which color wires in the Murano are for:
-right turn
-left turn
-Stop
-taillights
(battery and ground appear to be the same).

FYI, I am also using a Quality Systems hitch which fits nicely and helps protect the muffler. The finish on it is pretty poor so I've peeled the decals off and will probably repaint when I have time.

So far (<2k miles) enjoying the ride.
Thanks for any help on the wiring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the schematics

Thanks for the schematics- you'd think I could figure it out with all that info. Unfortunately the correct wires as described in the earlier instructions, and in the schematics, are not to be found in the wire bundles in the spare tire well. Perhaps they feed into the LED controller box, although I did not see them in the bundle feeding into the left side of the tailgate either. I've got the running lites (Red/blue), ground (black), and battery (white) wired ok, it's the turn signals (Green/yellow [R] and Green/black [L]) and brake lights (Red/green) that are stumping me. I'm no mechanic or electrician so will probably seek professional help before I do serious damage poking into the spider web of wires back there!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Bosbel

On LED's, the Cathode wire is negative and the Anode is positive.

The modulite is looking for a positive trigger.

So, what I see by the diagram, at the harness that goes to the LEDs themselves, Yellow would be your left turn positive, White would be your right turn positive. Black should be ground.

Is that what you see Enforcer, anyone else?

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I look at the diagrams it seem the easiest place to splice in the module would be upstream of the LED control module on the conector #1 + tail #2 =stop #3 = lh turn #4 = rh turn

Do you think this would cause problems with the body control module?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just in case anyone needed to know which wire to tap into. its the yellow wire on the left and white on the right for the turn signal. Tap into the black and blue wire for the running lights on the left side harness.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
WOW...Talk about bringing a post back from the grave! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts