Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great news for those who are interested in putting a carputer in their Murano. There will also be 2 new additional colors for Muano interior and exterior. Also there is going to be a new grill. This was on the nissannews.com website:

Murano

The 2006 Nissan Murano crossover sport utility vehicle combines the uncompromising functional aspects of a true SUV with the ride comfort of a sport sedan in a highly refined, well-equipped package. Murano comes standard with a 245-horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC V6 for superior acceleration and offers standard Nissan’s Xtronic™ CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), which provides smooth, quiet, responsive acceleration while virtually eliminating shift shock and providing better gas mileage than conventional automatic transmissions.

To maintain Murano’s fresh look in 2006, Nissan adds several refinements, including two new colors.

Enhancements to the 2006 Murano:
· New wheel design and restyled front grille
· Brushed aluminum roof rail (SE)
· Chrome accent lower front bumper
· Chrome accent fog lamp rings and side sills (SL, SE)
· Brushed aluminum rear bumper protector
· LED rear combination lamps
· Enhanced driver instrumentation to improve both daytime and nighttime visibility
· 7-inch LCD color display standard on all models
· Audio system adds the ability to play mp3 CDs
· Illuminated steering wheel controls
· Added Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
· RearView Monitor standard on SL and SE
· New Leather Package
· New interior color – Hazelnut, and new exterior colors – Sunset Red and Brilliant Silver

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did anyone notice the "Shiny" trim on the bottom of the shifter? I want one!
Use the hirez photo of the radio console to see it. In the photo of the shifter and center console it looks brushed due to the reflection.

I also like the brushed rear bumper step cover. I don't think it would look good with my platinum but it looks great on the silver 06 shown in the photo.

The LEDs on the rear are the Schizzz!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Almost can't wait untill 2008 when my lease is up. Wonder what will change by then?

·
Registered
5 Posts
2006 Navigation Updates

I pulled down the NAV system manual for the 2006 models, and there have been a number of improvements made:

1. No more accidentally choosing the wrong language at the acknowledgement screen. This is now a setting in the Settings Menu, and the screen simply has the "I agree to surrend my firstborn" button.

2. POI Search results now appear sorted by DISTANCE.

3. You can find the nearest "7-11" or certain other stores (The lists shown in the manual appear to concentrate on Gas stations, convenience stores and the like).

4. You can setup the screen to split between "Bird" view and "Plan" view in a side by side arrangement, or have the turn details on one side and the map on the other.

Overall these features all look rather interesting. I'm hoping that the same functionality is provided with the 6.4 DVD update disc. I'll know in a day or two, as it shipped out last Thursday.

If you are interested in the details, the 2006 Owners Manuals are available at www.nissan-techinfo.com (Search for Publications-->Model: All, Type: Naviation Manual, Model Year: 2006)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: 2006 Navigation Updates

hpthorn said:
Overall these features all look rather interesting. I'm hoping that the same functionality is provided with the 6.4 DVD update disc. I'll know in a day or two, as it shipped out last Thursday.
I was hoping the same thing, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I emailed Zenrin the question when the new NAV manual first showed up, and the response I got was that those features would only be part of the 7.x series, which is not compatible with hardware prior to 2006. They said that the 6.4 upgrade would update the maps and POI database only, it would not add any new functionality. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts