Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2006 Murano and the wipers that came on it look really wierd. I have been getting conflicting stories on them. Some people (even service people at the dealership) seem to think that these are the new wipers.
I think that this is almost impossible. They look like a big chunk of rubber. They are super ugly and don't look like they would last 3 months.
Has anyone bought a 2006 Murano and had these wipers replaced at the factory? If so they are probably temporary.
A few service guys agreed with me and are going to try to order some, but I never really got a straight answer as to whether or not these were the permanent wipers.

·
Registered
828 Posts
These are the new style of wipers. Heck I have a set on my 2003! Work....ok.

Very streamline, less material to get iced up.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
dmako said:
These are the new style of wipers. Heck I have a set on my 2003! Work....ok.

Very streamline, less material to get iced up.
dmako-

In your opinion do the new-style wipers work any better than the OEM wipers you replaced? In other words, is it worth my time and $$ to replace perfectly good OEM ('05) wipers with the new style?

Thanx in advance.

-njjoe

·
Registered
324 Posts
blade examples

Here are my blades, my MO was made 1/06, delivered to 3/18/06 to dealer, so pretty new.

Click on image for larger view

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'd say no, keep the stock ones.

njjoe said:

dmako-

In your opinion do the new-style wipers work any better than the OEM wipers you replaced? In other words, is it worth my time and $$ to replace perfectly good OEM ('05) wipers with the new style?

Thanx in advance.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
many companies are switching to this new blade design since the relfex baldes have been such a success. this nissan ones provide a lip for greater downforce from the air at higher speeds, resulting in a better wipe. i love the reflex blades and will never go back to the old honkin metal blades.

·
Registered
62 Posts
since we're on the topic of wipers, i find it akward that we can't lift them up during a wash. i flipped thru the manual and learned that i had to kill the power while its wiping...i just find that a bit inconvinent.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
don't we all. but that's the scrifice you have to make when you have awesome style.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
nissanlove said:
don't we all. but that's the scrifice you have to make when you have awesome style.
That's BS. You can integrate a working design into the style of the car pretty easily. They just didn't think to do it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
let me rephrase my last post. we must scrifice-for now, until the bright minds at nissan(must be the same guys that made the fuel tank sheild) figure out what they've done wrong.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Arms look like they will do if they are straightened a bit.
Who makes the blades?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reflex Blades

Nissanlove,

I pmed you but no response.......are your Reflex blades the Crappy Tire version or another type? Could you buy the correct size wiper blades for the MO? When I was in the US, one parts store had wiper replacements for the MO but they were different sizes to the wipers on it.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i did reply... i don't know why you didn't receive the PM. my wipers are not the crappy reflex blades from Canadian tire.. i purchased mine straight from the nissan dealership. way to expensive(160bucks for both) you can buy the exact same style as the 06 murano have at walmart. they also have the built in wing to create more down force and the wok much much better than the CT reflex blades. the god thing is you can just buy refills for these new style blades instead of replacing the ENTIRE blade with squeegee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts