Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Keep in mind that these photos are spy photos of a vehicle with camouflage pieces, whereas the ML was an officially released photo.

A few colleagues of mine that have seen the final version of the X5 really like the re-design.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I hope that rear bumper is camouflage, since it looks like its been smashed into and is going to fall off!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The V6 will probably get the 255hp engine of the 2006 330i. But the torque I guess will remain at 218 lb ft or so.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
your right murano 123 the new 2006 ml does look better. way better if you ask me. this new x5 looks really short. maybe bmw is planning on scraping the x3(which they should) , slot the x5 in around that area and build a much larger x7 based on the 7 series platform. although they do have the engines right, it's said that there will be a v10 to rival that of the porshce cayyene turbo.

this is the new mercedes ml

Mercedes ML63

·
Registered
47 Posts
nissanlove said:
your right murano 123 the new 2006 ml does look better. way better if you ask me. this new x5 looks really short. maybe bmw is planning on scraping the x3(which they should) , slot the x5 in around that area and build a much larger x7 based on the 7 series platform. although they do have the engines right, it's said that there will be a v10 to rival that of the porshce cayyene turbo.

this is the new mercedes ml

Mercedes ML63
ML vs. X5 looks: wait for both cars to come out w/o camouflage and then compare apples to apples. Look at the ML Spy shots here (http://www.cardomain.com/id/brenttush8382) and compare them to the link in the first post - all camouflaged it was an ugly duckling too.
X5 short: it's longer and wider than the current one.
X3 scrap: nope, it's here to stay.
X7: the new X5 is bigger, but BMW does not want a Titatic behemoth such as the Excursion.
New ML: The link you provided was for the AMG version, that's similar to BMW M-Technik. Of course the souped up version looks better than the stocker. Again, apples to apples...
Regards from South Carolina (http://www.bmwusfactory.com/)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
When does the new MB ML hit the streets?

·
4,601 Posts
Wow! That's ugly!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"X7: the new X5 is bigger, but BMW does not want a Titatic behemoth such as the Excursion."

Neither does Ford.
The Excursion just became a collectible.

Homer

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think Nissan should design the exterior for all German vehicles. German car companies don't pay as much attention to exterior design as they do to performance.

The 2007 BMW X5 just looks like a huge version of Toyota Matrix.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Hey VG your opinion can't be a bad opinion you drive a MO! (but it is ugly):2:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Test drove 2003 X5 this weekend and it is shorter than the MO, heavier, harder to turn and you can feel when gears shift.

MO still number 1!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Test drove 2003 X5 this weekend and it is shorter than the MO, heavier, harder to turn and you can feel when gears shift.

MO still number 1!
agreed. i seen a 2003 X5 pretty cheap lets say alot cheaper than my 07
murano. it had 200.000kms at 1st glance i was kinda interested in it since
it was in real good looking shape. but after thinking i thought Naa.. to many kilo-meteres
on the car didnt feel like spending more cash after a
few years later to buy something newer and what else the bmw brought

along as far as any expensive repairs. ended up buying a 07 murano 113.000kms from the
nissan dealer been 2 weeks now of ownership Happy i did ever since. :29:

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a lot to like about the 2007 BMW X5, but its handling really stands out. In the cabin, its Bluetooth cell phone system works very nicely and its stereo sounds good and can play multiple audio sources, including MP3s. The electronic shifter also has an interesting, sculptured look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts