Nissan Murano Forum banner

2007 CVT fluid change done

2K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  markayash 
#1 ·
Was about the same as a Oil change, drained it hot and measured about 5 quarts..Added a gallon and verified it was low and added another quart and verified it's good to go.
Seemed to drive about the same but wasn't having any issues before..
Will change it again in 5000, I bought 3 gallons or 12 quarts and used 5 so enough for one more change without buying more fluid.

Mine is the 10mm hex bolt and loosened fairly easy with a 3/8 10mm socket

#5 ·
Markayash, ok cool, thanks for your input. I’m still trying to decide if I want to flush the whole system through the return line like others have mentioned or just drop the pan, replace the filter and re-fill it. I’m leaning towards just flushing out all the old fluid and putting in new fluid with new filters just so I know all fluid is new.

#9 ·
That’s good. I hope your able to get longevity out of your cvt. I’m hoping and praying for me as well lol! I love my Murano and hoping I can make it last to 200k. Untill then I’ll maintain it the best I can . I eventually plan on upgrading the speakers and getting some new tires.

#18 ·
I've been using an FM-transmitting MP3 player for about seven years and it sounds fantastic. The trick is choosing a radio station with a strong signal. In the beginning, I was constantly having to hunt for new stations because I'd get static/interference in some places and the audio quality would suffer. I've been using the same station for about three years now, and it works great no matter where I drive. Of course, nothing's going to beat the quality of a hardwired system.

Reactions: markayash
#19 ·
Cryogenix,

I have a fm transmitting Bluetooth adapter as well. I did like you and would find the best station for it as well. It works pretty good. My only complaint about it is,the volume doesn’t get as loud as just listening to the regular radio or cd.
However, I ended up putting the transmitter in my 2017 Ford F-150 work truck, and the volume gets really loud (much louder than the MO)

Since then I just leave the transmitter in my work truck so I can also charge multiple devices off of it.

I’m still searching for something better to use in my MO that doesn’t cost an arm and leg. I would absolutely love to replace the head unit with an aftermarket one but seems difficult to do with the climate controls and all.

my Murano does have nav and Bose stereo and inside the center console has the 30 pin iPod cable but I’m not sure if it works and considering I have a newer iPhone 10S max can’t use the 30 pin adapter.

#20 ·
Cryogenix,

I have a fm transmitting Bluetooth adapter as well. I did like you and would find the best station for it as well. It works pretty good. My only complaint about it is,the volume doesn’t get as loud as just listening to the regular radio or cd.
However, I ended up putting the transmitter in my 2017 Ford F-150 work truck, and the volume gets really loud (much louder than the MO)

Since then I just leave the transmitter in my work truck so I can also charge multiple devices off of it.

I’m still searching for something better to use in my MO that doesn’t cost an arm and leg. I would absolutely love to replace the head unit with an aftermarket one but seems difficult to do with the climate controls and all.

my Murano does have nav and Bose stereo and inside the center console has the 30 pin iPod cable but I’m not sure if it works and considering I have a newer iPhone 10S max can’t use the 30 pin adapter.
You can buy apple adapter cables, not sure how good they work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.