Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I will be replacing the passenger side front CV axle shaft on my wife's 2007 Murano SL AWD. I've been shopping online (RockAuto, CARiD, PartsGeek, CarPartsDirect, etc.) and need advice/opinions on which brand to purchase or avoid. In other words, which would you install on your Murano? I think I'm leaning toward Cardone or maybe FEQ. Another question: Are remanufactured CV shafts "better"?

Cardone (new or remanufactured)
First Equipment Quality (FEQ)
GSP North America
SurTrack/TrakMotive
USA Industries (remanufactured)
OPparts
APWI
Other?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
847 Posts
I've had the driver's side FEQ (from partsgeek.com) and was completely satisfied with it for many many miles. I now replaced both the front cv axles with Autozone's Duralast brand and I am also happy with them. For a 10th of the price of the original part from the dealer, I wouldn't do any different...even if I had to replace them a few times. Keep in mind that I do have 236k miles on my car, so the cv axles did need replacing on both ends. Either for torn boots and/or slight clicking during takeoff.

·
Super Moderator
7,624 Posts
You may also be able to find a local rebuilder if you're in a metro area. I live 60 miles north of Denver and there are one or two businesses that rebuild racks and CV axles locally. Google may help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Ddogmurano
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing