Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear hatch was not working. I replaced the actuator and rear switch, but it's still not working.
I'm thinking I have to replace the relay behind the panel on the driver's side.
Can some please tell me the correct part # for the relay?
Anyone have a pic of the location of the relay?

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,319 Posts
My rear hatch was not working. I replaced the actuator and rear switch, but it's still not working.
I'm thinking I have to replace the relay behind the panel on the driver's side.
Can some please tell me the correct part # for the relay?
Anyone have a pic of the location of the relay?
In the wiring diagram, it's labeled B36, which appears to be behind/near the fuse panel under the LH side of the dashboard. Not sure about the part number, but just remove the original and see what's stamped on the top--plus, you can test it to see whether or not it actually needs to be replaced.

It seems like you're just replacing parts until it starts working again. A little testing with a DVOM could have saved you some money.

Reactions: deeman

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,319 Posts
Nissan part number is 25230-79917 and it appears to be the same as the accessory relay and a couple of others so swap them and see if the back door opens.

Reactions: deeman

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems like you're just replacing parts until it starts working again. A little testing with a DVOM could have saved you some money.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Fortunately I got the parts I tried on Ebay. Both were less than $30.00. Nissan dealer wanted over $300 !!!
I'll get the relay and let you know if that fixes it.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Can you open it manually? If yes, then it could be the relay. If not, 1st gen MO has known issue on rear trunk latch mechanism rusting and becoming inoperable. Needing replacement. Lots of post on this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you open it manually? If yes, then it could be the relay. If not, 1st gen MO has known issue on rear trunk latch mechanism rusting and becoming inoperable. Needing replacement. Lots of post on this.
I can open it by crawling in the back and pushing the piece on the actuator.
I live in Florida...no rust.
I ordered a relay on Ebay today for $8.85. I'll put it in when I get it.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
As advised above, try swapping similar relays and see if that works, if it does not, its not the relay.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
When you use the driver door lock/unlock button, you don't hear the trunk go lock and unlock right?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you use the driver door lock/unlock button, you don't hear the trunk go lock and unlock right?
I can open it by crawling in the back and pushing the piece on the actuator.
I live in Florida...no rust.
I ordered a relay on Ebay today for $8.85. I'll put it in when I get it.
I got the new relay in the mail today. I had my girlfriend squeezing the opener switch on the rear door so I could hear the bad relay clicking. Used a 10mm wrench to take the screw out of the bracket holding the relay. Put the new relay in and now the rear hatch is working again. Very easy to do.
I could have saved $20 if I would have tried replacing the relay first, but I got all the parts on Ebay for $38.21
New actuator $20.87 (part # 90502CA00C), new switch assembly $8.49 (part # 25380-ED000), and new relay $8.85 (part # 25230-79917).
Very glad it's working again. The Nissan dealer wanted to charge me about $400 for the switch and the actuator, and who knows what they would have tried to soak me for labor.
Thanks to all who replied

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Its good to hear happy endings. Good job. At least you have an oem spare actuator in case the new one fails.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts