Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have a 2007 nissan murano s 3.5 v6. It was over heating bad so I changed the radiator , electrical cooling fan and thermostat. I own an old Ford so mechanicing is easy to me....but my girls Nissan pissess me off. It's an amazing car but even after changing all the cooling system stuff it's still over heating with or with out using the a/c. Again I am mechanical savvy but this makes no sense... need some help here

·
Registered
671 Posts
Currently I have a 2007 nissan murano s 3.5 v6. It was over heating bad so I changed the radiator , electrical cooling fan and thermostat. I own an old Ford so mechanicing is easy to me....but my girls Nissan pissess me off. It's an amazing car but even after changing all the cooling system stuff it's still over heating with or with out using the a/c. Again I am mechanical savvy but this makes no sense... need some help here
Of all those parts you replaced, which was the cause of the original overheating problem--or are you not sure? Did you use OEM parts? Also, did you pressure-test the system afterward to confirm there's no leaks?

·
Super Moderator
8,360 Posts
When does it overheat? Only when it's in traffic or moving slowly, or does it also overheat at highway speed? Have you confirmed that the electric fan is kicking on as it warms up? Many cars will remain cool at highway speed even if the electric fan isn't running, but they'll overheat at low speeds where there is less airflow.

Pressure test is a great idea. Remember that thermostats can be bad out of the box - I like to check them with a pan of hot water on the stove before installing (but I forget sometimes.)

If all else is good, you may need to consider the water pump.

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
All Murano's really require this to properly purge all air from the cooling system:

Other methods, like filling on a hill, can be hit or miss when refilling the cooling systems.

Above suggestions are solid, but, I would go with the cheapest, and have another proper tool for future jobs.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I hate my Murano, worst thing I ever bought, biggest money pit ever. Had it for 3 years and have barely driven 10k miles & I drive 100-200miles a day....it’s that bad BUT

When it comes to your over hearing problem, mine was severely bad. Went through 2 radiators, come to find out my reservoir cap ended up melting....my coolant was running so hot, come to find out my oil was mixing with my coolant....weird right?

I had to replace my oil cooler, it had a bad seal and was leaking and mixing everything around....

So check your reservoir & see what color your coolant is, make sure it’s correct & I had to get a new reservoir because it was leaking and the coolant system is closed so if it’s leaking it causes air to get in as wwll

1 - 5 of 5 Posts