Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car would start up then power down. Therefore, I replaced the battery and it drove fine for two days then it rained and my car would not start it would just power down after 3 seconds. So over the course of three days I tried to start it the last day (today) I went to start my car and it started. I used a code reader and it gave me the code u1000. I'm not sure what is wrong with it. When I look it up it says it's could have something to do with the car not being grounded or a loose ground wire, or something being loose in general. Help please.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My car would start up then power down. Therefore, I replaced the battery and it drove fine then it rained and my car would not start it would just power down after 3 seconds. So over the course of three days I tried to start it the last day (today) I went to start my car and it started. I used a code reader and it gave me the code u1000. I'm not sure what is wrong with it. When I look it up it says it's could have something to do with the car not being grounded or a loose ground wire, or something being loose in general. Help please.
When you turn the ignition on, do the warning lamps on your dash light up (e.g. ABS, SRS, Check Engine etc)?

I would go back to the fact that you replaced the battery and the car drove "fine" (although you didn't say for how long). Check all the fuses (including those on the fusible link attached to the battery positive terminal). Also, check the fuses underneath the dashboard. If all the fuses are fine, try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting after 30 minutes or so (make sure the battery is fully charged and connections clean/tight) and try to start the car. Checking the battery ground cable is a good idea too--just follow it underneath the battery tray and back to where it connects to the transmission. Make sure there's no excessive corrosion.

If none of the above helps, do you know how to use a multimeter?

·
Registered
29 Posts
My car would start up then power down. Therefore, I replaced the battery and it drove fine then it rained and my car would not start it would just power down after 3 seconds. So over the course of three days I tried to start it the last day (today) I went to start my car and it started. I used a code reader and it gave me the code u1000. I'm not sure what is wrong with it. When I look it up it says it's could have something to do with the car not being grounded or a loose ground wire, or something being loose in general. Help please.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts