Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 MO never came with its original battery terminal covers so my battery terminals are looking like this (picture).

I looked on ebay to see if there are any terminal covers for the 2009 MO and only came across something for the positive terminal and nothing for the negative terminal. I am not sure if this is the correct positive terminal cover, maybe someone here knows?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-NISSAN-TOP-POST-BATTERY-TERMINAL-PROTECTOR-W-FLIP-UP-COVER-FITS-MANY/162449489654?fits=Year:2009|Model:Murano|Make:Nissan&epid=1530603186&hash=item25d2be7ef6:g:cFEAAOSw~oFXH6uG&frcectupt=true

And I am open to suggestions for the negative terminal.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks identical to what is on the positive terminal of my 2018....and there is no cover on the negative terminal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 2009 MO never came with its original battery terminal covers so my battery terminals are looking like this (picture).

I looked on ebay to see if there are any terminal covers for the 2009 MO and only came across something for the positive terminal and nothing for the negative terminal. I am not sure if this is the correct positive terminal cover, maybe someone here knows?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-NISSAN-TOP-POST-BATTERY-TERMINAL-PROTECTOR-W-FLIP-UP-COVER-FITS-MANY/162449489654?fits=Year:2009|Model:Murano|Make:Nissan&epid=1530603186&hash=item25d2be7ef6:g:cFEAAOSw~oFXH6uG&frcectupt=true

And I am open to suggestions for the negative terminal.

Thanks,
Get some battery terminal cleaner (or baking soda if you're cheap :) ) and a wire brush an clean those terminals. Then apply heavily Dielectric grease (or Vaseline, syrup if your'e cheap) Top off the battery with distilled water. Mine battery looked similar and noticed that my car remote, radio settings would reset. Haven't had a problem after cleaning it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
nissannoob
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing