Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any off-the-shelf coolant that I can use in my MO? When I currently look, the stuff that is in my MO is green in color. When I look on amazon I noticed that Nissan own antifreeze/coolant is blue in color!?

Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
Is there any off-the-shelf coolant that I can use in my MO? When I currently look, the stuff that is in my MO is green in color. When I look on amazon I noticed that Nissan own antifreeze/coolant is blue in color!?

Thanks
The difference in color is just that--a difference in color. Nissan's formulation doesn't have magic pixie dust that makes it turn blue. You'll do fine with Prestone or Peak antifreeze (...the formulas that state for all makes and models).

·
Super Moderator
7,626 Posts
Just don't mix any of the above with GM's orange antifreeze, Dexcoool. They are not chemically compatible and will form gel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Color is a horrible way to determine the type of antifreeze you have. The industry has not standardized the different types of antifreeze with color. There are too many different types around.

·
Super Moderator
7,626 Posts
Color is a horrible way to determine the type of antifreeze you have. The industry has not standardized the different types of antifreeze with color. There are too many different types around.
True! But to the observer, color may be the best indication you can get. The option may be to replace the coolant, which should be done at 3-5 year intervals (depending on the type of antifreeze) anyway.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
My go to coolant is 1 gal. prestone long life concentrate + a gal. of distilled water. <$14 walmart. D & F every 2 years regardless of mileage -- <6 quarts. Use left over for top up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
nitely
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing